Extended payments

Jjg34219

We booked our first Viking river cruise taking advantage of a monthly promotion offering full payment due 6 months before cruise. We then booked an ocean cruise and got that same offer because we had another cruise booked . We now have an Alaska cruise booked for 8/2022...if we book a river cruise for 2023 will we get the 6 month final payment offer ?

1 minute ago, Jjg34219 said:

We booked our first Viking river cruise taking advantage of a monthly promotion offering full payment due 6 months before cruise. We then booked an ocean cruise and got that same offer because we had another cruise booked . We now have an Alaska cruise booked for 8/2022...if we book a river cruise for 2023 will we get the 6 month final payment offer ?

They may request an earlier payment, but provided you already have a booking, you should be able to get 6 months, or a discount to pay earlier.

10 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

They may request an earlier payment, but provided you already have a booking, you should be able to get 6 months, or a discount to pay earlier.

Also be sure to ask for the 6 months  - it doesn't happen automatically. And check your booking document immediately to be sure it's there.

25 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Also be sure to ask for the 6 months  - it doesn't happen automatically. And check your booking document immediately to be sure it's there.

Check BEFORE you make your deposit. 

Check each time you make a change to the offer before you make your deposit. 

Once you make your deposit you are locked into whatever it says on the invoice.  Paying the deposit means you agree to the terms laid our in the invoice and in the booking terms and conditions; you are entering into a legal contract. 

Thank you everyone and YES we would make sure to check beforehand. So I think its time to decide on which river cruise to do!...🙂...leaning toward Grand European since at our age will likely be our only attempt...our previous cruise was supposed to be Rhine but was cancelle

• Like 1

We did the Grand European as our very first cruise in 2017 (retirement splurge) and fell in love with Viking and cruising. We went from Budapest to Amsterdam. If you've never been to Budapest - definitely plan extra days there pre or post depending which direction you go. We had planned to do the Passage to Eastern Europe cruise from Budapest to Bucharest last summer, but well, you know... In hindsight we wished we'd done the the whole European Sojourn in 2017, but were afraid to commit to that long of a trip having never done one before. 

1 hour ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

In hindsight we wished we'd done the the whole European Sojourn in 2017, but were afraid to commit to that long of a trip having never done one before. 

We all have 20/20 hindsight! But honestly, I think your original thought was spot on: what if you hadn't loved river cruising and were stuck on a boat for a month.

• Like 1

We did the Grand European in 2019.  It was an outstanding trip!

I suggest you get some walking strength built up before you go.  We easily did over 10k steps a day with cobblestone and hills.  But it’s well worth it.  We were probably in the younger crowd ( pre retirement).  It’s a lot of walking tours, some brought walking sticks to aid them.  You can of course pick and choose when to go out.  Go now!  While very different from ocean cruising, we loved it and were so glad we went.

If I can get into remission  and covid goes away I want to do the 14 night France trip.  I can’t get enough of Roman and World War 2 history and the scenery would be wonderful.  And who doesn’t want to go to Paris?