Miami AirBnB??

scsagh

We are scheduled to cruise out of Miami in February 2022. We are arriving at MIA early afternoon the day before. Many of the port area hotels I'm seeing are $350+ for Feb 18th for one night. Would prefer to keep it under $200/nt. Has anyone had much luck with AirBnB / condo rentals in the Miami area? Many of the rates look decent there, but I wondered if they may cancel close to sailing date and then all rates are lots higher. Also considered just staying near the airport, but would want a pool or something other than just sitting in the room. Thanks!

• Like 1

We have successfully rented through AirBnB and VRBO in Key West but Miami and Fort Lauderdale deserve a caution. 

Be very careful if renting a condo through AirBnb (or VRBO) in South Florida!  Many, if not most, condo associations have stringent rental regulations that owners agree to upon purchase.  Common is a limit on the number of rentals a year and a minimum length of time (often 3 months).  You do not want to show up and not be allowed access to your rental or be kicked out after unpacking.  Don't even consider a rental without lots of recommendations and make sure you confirm that the building allows short term rentals. Also, don't forget to check out the neighborhood!  You can even come ask on this board; there are a number of Miami area residents that post frequently.

Your date is the beginning (Friday night) of the Presidents Day holiday weekend and the busiest vacation week in February due to lots of public schools in other parts of the country having that upcoming week off for winter break.  Hotel prices (and cruise prices in a normal year) will be high.

• Like 1

I would look at hotels away from downtown/POM - Coconut Grove and other areas offer great hotels and dining options. You could also look a a nicer area close to MIA such as the Blue Lagoon neighborhood with several hotel options and some local dining, but nothing that compares to downtown.

Have a great cruise! 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat, so to speak :-)  I made a refundable reservation at a Best Western hotel, and made a reservation through AirBnB with a Superhost.  Totally different areas, but costs are somewhat similar.  I'd rather stay in the AirBnB, but if it falls through, will go to Plan B.