B2B dis-embarkation for tour?

MHF

I am booked on a B2B from Lisbon to Civitavecchia to Athens on the Shadow this November.  There are currently no Rome shore excursions showing for in-transit passengers.  If I am allowed to book a non-Ss tour, I'm contemplating Orvieto with winery and olive oil stops along the way.  What time are in-transit passengers allowed off?  Do I have to wait for all other passengers to disembark according to their color codes?  Ship is in port from 7 to 8 so this is ample time for a tour.

Also, any suggestions for tour companies?  Or any suggestions for a different place to visit (not in Rome) as I'm also considering Ostia Antica?  We will be calling in Naples and I am planning on Pompeii from there.  I've looked at TiberLimo (used in 2018 and they were great but selection is limited) and Rome in Limo (good selection and ability to customize).  Not comfortable renting a car by myself so a tour/car/driver it is.

Grazie,

Missy in Maryland, where it's a chilly and rainy 50 degrees for Memorial Day weekend

• Like 1

MHF - We have used Rome Limo a couple of times. Once for just a straight transfer to the airport and the second time for a very nice 6 hour tour of Rome with drop-off at the airport. I would highly recommend them ... very clean, newer vans and punctual, well-dressed, knowledgeable, English-speaking drivers.

We have done mainly back to back cruises since we started with Silversea in 1998/9 as a personal preference.There was no restriction as to time of departing the ship in port but reboarding had to comply with the stated latest departure time.Take care if booking non Silversea excursions for your transit port stay as it is your personal responsibility to be back on board for sailing at the time clearly stated.We usually played safe and explored the port on foot rather than third party excursions.We have been on board in the past when the ship has sailed without passengers who had not returned by the due time,but thankfully it only happened on a limited number of occasions.Enjoy your interesting itinerary but allow a reasonable leeway time for returning to the ship as it will not wait for latecomers unless they are on a ship organised tour which is unusual in our experience on transit/changeover days.HOPE THIS HELPS.

I’d  recommend Ostia Antica for a visit. Last time we finished a voyage in Civitevecchia  we hired a car there, visited Ostia Antica and dropped the car off at the airport. I am sure you could do the same for the day but return the car to the  port. 
We are on what may be the first leg of your B2B, if Tangier and Tunis are included? I hope we might be able to do our own shore excursions by that stage. I rather fancy picking up an elephant in Tunis to get to Carthage

Rp

and yes, I do know that both stops are unlikely to go ahead but I can live in hope.