Silver Nova will be the new evolution-class ship's name?! 2023 Launch?

SummmerInKefalonia

On 12/3/2021 at 4:03 AM, mofrances said:

I was wondering the same thing - if there is public access upstairs from the observation lounge. That would definitely be a positive. Agree 728 passengers is a lot as well. But to me the real negative is that they mentioned aft-facing suites. If so, where are all the aft lounges that currently occupy those spaces? On the Moon, we loved the outside spaces on Decks 7, 8, and 9 and would hate to have those taken over by suites...

Agree that mentioning aft facing suites is highly negative, 728 guests is also not where we wish go, 600 has always been our upper limit. For you and Les,  you should understand that access to the space above the Observation Lounge is no longer available on the Moon, it’s now a Crew Area only. This means there is no outside forward looking space for general guests. It will be interesting to see if they have banned this on the Muse when she re-enters service.

8 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Agree that mentioning aft facing suites is highly negative, 728 guests is also not where we wish go, 600 has always been our upper limit. For you and Les,  you should understand that access to the space above the Observation Lounge is no longer available on the Moon, it’s now a Crew Area only. This means there is no outside forward looking space for general guests. It will be interesting to see if they have banned this on the Muse when she re-enters service.

The 3 bookings on SS I have are on moon, muse then Dawn. Not being able to view and film from the bow would have been a deal-breaker. Is the huge area top dock area on Spirit also crew only?

Luckily there is no such problem with the 2 booked on Viking.

Such a big error IMHO to do this.  That's a red liner.

2 hours ago, les37b said:

The 3 bookings on SS I have are on moon, muse then Dawn. Not being able to view and film from the bow would have been a deal-breaker. Is the huge area top dock area on Spirit also crew only?

Luckily there is no such problem with the 2 booked on Viking.

Such a big error IMHO to do this.  That's a red liner.

Will check with a friend onboard the Spirit.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

I'm curious as to why it would be allowed on Muse but disallowed on Moon. Do you suppose it could have anything to do with Covid? Possible SS wanting to give the crew members a space to relax since they weren't allowed to go ashore in ports? Or is it maybe a safety thing? But that seems unlikely as other ships have outside forward spaces...I'm sure there was one on Seabourn Encore...Just seems so strange that the area is there but passengers aren't allowed to use it (as opposed to the ship being built with no outside observation area at all).

45 minutes ago, mofrances said:

I'm curious as to why it would be allowed on Muse but disallowed on Moon. Do you suppose it could have anything to do with Covid? Possible SS wanting to give the crew members a space to relax since they weren't allowed to go ashore in ports? Or is it maybe a safety thing? But that seems unlikely as other ships have outside forward spaces...I'm sure there was one on Seabourn Encore...Just seems so strange that the area is there but passengers aren't allowed to use it (as opposed to the ship being built with no outside observation area at all).

I asked the Captain, who I had first met on the Muse, why it was different and he replied ‘things change’. The Moon has significant crew space between the large funnel stacks at the rear, including a spa pool, as seen below.

5076EDF4-C993-4C9C-A114-AA22D9F2A9C9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

I asked the Captain, who I had first met on the Muse, why it was different and he replied ‘things change’. The Moon has significant crew space between the large funnel stacks at the rear, including a spa pool, as seen below.

Hmmm..."things change" is not a very illuminating answer🤔 

Oh well, would have been nice to use the space as we go through the Panama Canal in a few weeks. But to be honest I will be so thrilled to get my family on the ship with no breakthrough infections or Omicron invasions etc that the forward observation area is the least of my concerns...

Thanks for the pic of the crew space - I do recall seeing that on our Greek cruise this summer but had forgotten. Nice that they have an area to decompress and enjoy sea life!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mofrances said:

Hmmm..."things change" is not a very illuminating answer🤔 

Oh well, would have been nice to use the space as we go through the Panama Canal in a few weeks. But to be honest I will be so thrilled to get my family on the ship with no breakthrough infections or Omicron invasions etc that the forward observation area is the least of my concerns...

Thanks for the pic of the crew space - I do recall seeing that on our Greek cruise this summer but had forgotten. Nice that they have an area to decompress and enjoy sea life!

3rd Jan sailing?

14 minutes ago, les37b said:

3rd Jan sailing?

No we are on the holiday sailing. Embark in Guayaquil (formerly Lima) on the 18th. Head spinning with conflicting notions - excited and happy and looking forward to the holiday vs terrified of one of us testing positive dockside and all 10 of us stuck in Ecuador in quarantine. Ahh for the good old days when anticipation for a holiday was a pleasurable part of the experience😄

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mofrances said:

No we are on the holiday sailing. Embark in Guayaquil (formerly Lima) on the 18th. Head spinning with conflicting notions - excited and happy and looking forward to the holiday vs terrified of one of us testing positive dockside and all 10 of us stuck in Ecuador in quarantine. Ahh for the good old days when anticipation for a holiday was a pleasurable part of the experience😄

Yeh, I thought after I asked it might be.... We are due on the one after you get back.to FLL..... Get back safely.... Leave some booze for us! 😄

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, les37b said:

Yeh, I thought after I asked it might be.... We are due on the one after you get back.to FLL..... Get back safely.... Leave some booze for us! 😄

Will do our best to save you some but no guarantees!😄

Safe travels to you as well. Sure hope it all works out. Happy Holidays!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I was browsing in the "Find a Cruise" feature on the website for August 2023, and noted this one for the Silver Ray (???)   I think they mean Silver Nova (at least that is what it was yesterday).  Query whether "Silver Ray" was its working name before "Silver Nova"was chosen and this is one of those famous glitches.

image.thumb.png.0bacc4622c1ce2066e1e7fbb4de2509e.png

• Haha 2