Silver Nova will be the new evolution-class ship's name?! 2023 Launch?

SummmerInKefalonia

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Is it expected that when Silver Nova and her sister [Silver Chevy II 🤣] join the fleet, Shadow and Whisper will depart?

No, Shadow and Whisper are not expected to depart the fleet.

My theory is that in another 7 - 10 years, we'll see the aforementioned ships converted to Expedition vessels and the Cloud and Wind will be retired.  By that time, Silversea will have moved on to whatever comes after "Evolution" class in the Classic Fleet.

3 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:
2 days ago — Silver Nova. View the Brochures View Voyages. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec id sem sodales, vulputate mauris ac, euismod.

Page was created 2 days ago....... 😉

Hi, it is telling me "page not found" when I click on those links.

First Grand Voyage posted on multiple TA sites:

71 Nights South America Voyage

4 January 2024 - 15 March 2024

Fort lauderdale | Key west | Day at sea | Cozumel | Day at sea | Day at sea | Panama canal transit | Day at sea | Manta | Day at sea | Salaverry | Lima | Lima | Lima | Pisco | Day at sea | Arica | Day at sea | Day at sea | Coquimbo | Valparaiso | Valparaiso | Day at sea | Puerto Montt | Day at sea | Chilean fjords | Punta arenas | Ushuaia | Garibaldi fjord & glacier | Ushuaia | Day at sea | Day at sea | Day at sea | Buenos aires | Buenos aires  | Buenos aires | Montevideo | Punta del este | Day at sea | Itajai | Day at sea | Ilhabela | Rio de janeiro | Rio de janeiro | Rio de janeiro | Day at sea | Salvador de bahia | Day at sea | Day at sea | Fortaleza | Day at sea | Day at sea | Amazon river | Macapa | Santarém | Boca da valeria | Manaus | Manaus | Parintins | Santarém | Amazon river | Macapa | Day at sea | Ile royale | Day at sea | Bridgetown | | Bequia | Castries | Roseau | St. john's | St. kitts | Spanish town | San juan | Day at sea | Day at sea | Fort lauderdale

Take it with a grain of salt..........

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:00 AM, Stumblefoot said:

If SummmerInKefalonia’s gross tonnage figure is correct, then Silver Nova would be a little more than one-third larger than Silver Moon and Silver Dawn, correct?  As such, I would bet passenger count will rise to somewhere between 700 - 750.

Silver Moon is already pushing my upper limit on pax size.  Hope Nova is not even bigger.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

September is ending (they have stated as a reveal date this September) and currently no news about the presentation of the new ship.

Well, September was a pretty dramatically hectic month for Silversea, between the hacking incident which shut them down for nearly two weeks to canceling many fall and spring cruises to parts of the world which are still not open for travel, re-routing other cruises to new ports to hopscotch around countries which are closed or have difficult quarantine/entry rules, furloughing staff and getting them home, etc.  -- so I think they have a number of operational details they're scrambling to deal with which are more urgent priorities than a PR campaign around the details of a new ship which is more than two years from launching. It will come... but I think it's pretty understandable if they push off the pomp and circumstance around the new ship for a little while longer. 😉

They don't prepare presentations last moment. They had launched the page on the official website since early August. They just hide it for now, the info and everything has already been created. I think they didn't want the reveal to be the same time as the reveal of Oceania's Vista and Regent's Grandeur.

20 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

They don't prepare presentations last moment. They had launched the page on the official website since early August. They just hide it for now, the info and everything has already been created. I think they didn't want the reveal to be the same time as the reveal of Oceania's Vista and Regent's Grandeur.

We can all speculate. 😉  I don't think it's because they didn't want to view for attention with their competition. They are in the midst of canceling 5 months of cruises, switching the Moon for the Dawn, sending the Muse staff home, trying to sell trips in Australia for Australians without yet having government permission to operate, and to continue catching up from their massive shutdown. Announcing a new ship is a celebration for a cruise line, and one they want to share with their most loyal customers. Doing it during a week when many of those same customers are being disappointed by having their planed cruises canceled, or losing out on an inaugural cruise, and when their call center is probably overloaded, would just be a tone deaf move in my optioning. Let all the shock waves from this latest round of cancellations and changes settle for a week or two, and then during a quieter time, make a splash by introducing the new ship. (They are also likely revising some planned itineraries for 2024 due to the latest 2021-2022 cancellations, so they might actually not be ready to talk about the initial itineraries for the new ship just yet.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:07 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

I have owned 7 Rolls Royce's over the years and I did not pick up on ship names and some of my old cars- humm. Asleep at the switch again!!

I presume naming the latest as the Silver Ghost, was not deemed appropriate by SS management then!

• 2 weeks later...

https://app.quotemedia.com/data/downloadFiling?webmasterId=101533&ref=116218535&type=HTML&symbol=RCL&companyName=Royal+Caribbean+Group&formType=10-Q&dateFiled=2021-10-29&CK=884887

Official confirmation that the Silver Nova's delivery date changed from 1st Quarter 2023 to 2nd Quarter 2023.

Also its maximum capacity seems to be 730 guests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

https://app.quotemedia.com/data/downloadFiling?webmasterId=101533&ref=116218535&type=HTML&symbol=RCL&companyName=Royal+Caribbean+Group&formType=10-Q&dateFiled=2021-10-29&CK=884887

Official confirmation that the Silver Nova's delivery date changed from 1st Quarter 2023 to 2nd Quarter 2023.

Also its maximum capacity seems to be 730 guests.

But no indication that the ship will be named Nova.

• 1 month later...

Finally I was confirmed about everything I said (Name, capacity, tonnage, delivery date).😀

Silver Nova will be the new ship, 728 guests, 54.700 GRT, launching in summer 2023.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26331-silversea-begins-construction-on-2023-newbuild-silver-nova.html?fbclid=IwAR252z_Kk44IBmJE82El3oCb19uiOhA5PXGFZikKPoPXPoIAPifckSL-dc8

• Like 1

If I am seeing this correctly, I certainly have no interest. Not because of capacity, but because the bow does not appear to have any external view to watch and film from coming into ports.

Silver Nova

Members of Silversea’s loyalty program, the Venetian Society, and travel advisors will have pre-sale access starting December 16, 2021 ........ Probably about the time my Jan 3 2022 booking is cancelled for the 4th time and ready to be rebooked at an every increasing price.

2 hours ago, les37b said:

the bow does not appear to have any external view to watch and film from coming into ports.

Well, it's good to see a forward-facing observation lounge! And I'm not so sure from this image whether there is public access outdoors on the deck above the observation lounge -- it looks like a wrap-around glass railing there.

To me, the 728 passenger count is the big negative here.

11 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Well, it's good to see a forward-facing observation lounge! And I'm not so sure from this image whether there is public access outdoors on the deck above the observation lounge -- it looks like a wrap-around glass railing there.

To me, the 728 passenger count is the big negative here.

I was wondering the same thing - if there is public access upstairs from the observation lounge. That would definitely be a positive. Agree 728 passengers is a lot as well. But to me the real negative is that they mentioned aft-facing suites. If so, where are all the aft lounges that currently occupy those spaces? On the Moon, we loved the outside spaces on Decks 7, 8, and 9 and would hate to have those taken over by suites...

It feels like a failure of their marketing to "introduce" the new ship and yet not share any artist renderings or deck plans -- the things customers are much more interested in than the waste incineration system. The video they released was really worthless. Why have everyone guessing and wondering instead of wowing us with beautiful images?

• Like 2