Jewel Cyprus & Greek Islands - going to happen?

Guest BigRoger

There is every chance these regulations could change going forward.

If the UK moves on 19th July to remove remaining restrictions (and I am pretty confident this will happen - there are multiple reports this morning that the cases in the UK are already beginning to flatten out ) there is a possibility this may trigger a revision of the rules. Also reports this morning that travel to the Amber list countries for vaccinated people may be opened up without the need for quarantine.

3 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

If the UK moves on 19th July to remove remaining restrictions (and I am pretty confident this will happen - there are multiple reports this morning that the cases in the UK are already beginning to flatten out ) there is a possibility this may trigger a revision of the rules. Also reports this morning that travel to the Amber list countries for vaccinated people may be opened up without the need for quarantine.

If !!!!!

On 6/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, Trixie21 said:

These restrictions are likely to change as you say, but more as a result of local requirements changing rather than anything the UK government does.  Currently I understand that masks need to be worn indoors and outside in Cyprus and Greece so I would guess that the governments have required cruise ships to follow this requirement if they wish to dock in their countries.  We can only hope that as infection numbers in the region drop the mask requirements will be lifted and this will then reflect in RCL on-board policies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigRoger

Hi folks there is a vicious and uncorroborated rumour doing the social media rounds on FB that the flights for this have been pulled by TUi or RC - has anyone any insight into this or is it just a rumour?

Edited by BigRoger

46 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi folks there is a vicious and uncorroborated rumour doing the social media rounds on FB that the flights for this have been pulled by TUi or RC - has anyone any insight into this or is it just a rumour?

I can't see anything on the Jewel book face page I am on but just went onto the RC and someone said they have had a call that their TUI flight was cancelled.  Seemed to imply that it was for the early cruises only as Cyprus is still Amber so fingers crossed the later cruises will go ahead.  However these cruises are not only for the UK..

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Or someone else had their Birmingham TUI flight cancelled but have been rescheduled on EJ from Bristol.  So perhaps it is just the flights from the northern airports that are affected because they could not get a full plane load?  

Edited by little britain

Guest BigRoger

Yep could be be simply an isolated flight where it made sense to redeploy a few passengers to another alternative rather than trying to run the full planned schedule of flights… particularly whilst Cyprus and Greece are Amber….

I still can't understand why they have flights from Birmingham and Manchester.

Especially, when the ship is sailing at reduced numbers. Makes sense to fill planes to the covid capacity. I'm flying from Manchester but even Gatwick wouldn't be a problem

• 4 weeks later...