PREMIER sailing (and others) cancelled

boze9999

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Disappointing but not unexpected! 

In this camp,  it's very disappointing,  and unexpected. Friends were booked  - since late August 2020 - on the new Rotterdam for a 14 day Northern Isles cruise, sailing this August 29. Final payment has been made, flights to Amsterdam booked independently,  and a post cruise trip to meet up with family living in Europe were confirmed. The Rotterdam is on schedule and will be delivered on time. Sailings to Alaska and Greece are imminent.  Yet today, suddenly unforeseen delays with European governments and port authorities have caused a one month departure delay. Unexpected ? You bet.   My friends are not able to take the "Replacement Voyage" in August 2022 offered by HAL, and they have until July 15 to choose one of HAL's compensation offers.  Yes it will all work out at some point, but for now it's a mess. 

Edited by Boatdrill

48 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

In this camp,  it's very disappointing,  and unexpected. Friends were booked  - since late August 2020 - on the new Rotterdam for a 14 day Northern Isles cruise, sailing this August 29. Final payment has been made, flights to Amsterdam booked independently,  and a post cruise trip to meet up with family living in Europe were confirmed. The Rotterdam is on schedule and will be delivered on time. Sailings to Alaska and Greece are imminent.  Yet today, suddenly unforeseen delays with European governments and port authorities have caused a one month departure delay. Unexpected ? You bet.   My friends are not able to take the "Replacement Voyage" in August 2022 offered by HAL, and they have until July 15 to choose one of HAL's compensation offers.  Yes it will all work out at some point, but for now it's a mess. 

You are so right. We have many trips with friends in conjunction with our cruise as well as many subsequent cruises and trips. Exponentially devastating, especially with the open world, for so many. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sarellen8385 said:

We are on the 27 day Eurodam TA (if it sails; doubtful.) How can Eurodam accommodate passengers from the other two ships?

LOL I’ve been asking myself the same question.  And since we are now being assigned the “leftover cabins” that no one wanted despite booking over a year ago, I am hopeful HAL may offer an incentive to move to 2022. But with my luck, it won’t happen.

The whole thing is a mess.  I have spent the day cancelling hotels, flights, tours etc.

Volendam was pretty much fully booked so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  One thing for sure - that ship is sailing at full capacity one way or the other whether we are on or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

LOL I’ve been asking myself the same question.  And since we are now being assigned the “leftover cabins” that no one wanted despite booking over a year ago, I am hopeful HAL may offer an incentive to move to 2022. But with my luck, it won’t happen.

The whole thing is a mess.  I have spent the day cancelling hotels, flights, tours etc.

Volendam was pretty much fully booked so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  One thing for sure - that ship is sailing at full capacity one wa or the other whether we are on or not.

I for one will not sail in a "leftover" cabin - especially after having been booked for year(s)!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The cancellations are due to not getting clearance to stop at the different ports.

We were looking at the Volendam from Venice back to Ft Lauderdale in October or second choice Eurodam.  It would be disappointing to book for the ports only to have them cancelled.

Sorry but that doesn’t make sense.  Eurodam is stopping in the same ports as Volendam was except for Morocco.  If that port is the problem, then they just could have changed the itinerary for the 3rd time (I think it’s the 3rd time - I’ve lost count).

I’m just a red rubber ball being bounced around and being banged on the all like a yo yo.  I’m starting to think that 2021 was not meant to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boze9999 said:

I for one will not sail in a "leftover" cabin - especially after having been booked for year(s)!

Well that’s what I call it, sorry.  But it’s the last cabin I would have booked.  We can’t do anything right now until the dust settles and they lift the freeze but no, we won’t be in that cabin.  If there are no others, the cruise is borderline at best now with the new date and that will be the final straw for us.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Well that’s what I call it, sorry.  But it’s the last cabin I would have booked.  We can’t do anything right now until the dust settles and they lift the freeze but no, we won’t be in that cabin.  If there are no others, the cruise is borderline at best now with the new date and that will be the final straw for us.

Try to keep a positive faith in the future, Jacqui, because you are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who feels the same way!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

Try to keep a positive faith in the future, Jacqui, because you are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who feels the same way!

Ahhh - you are too kind.  I have 2 other cruises booked for 2022, never fear 😉.  This may be God’s way of telling us we were not meant / should not cruise this year.  We’ve been bounced around so much on this cruise with different ships and itineraries that it would be a funny story IF it wasn’t reality.

Sorry, I was not in the best of moods last night after spending the day cancelling tours, flights, hotels, pre-cruise plans, etc.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I was not in the best of moods last night after spending the day cancelling tours, flights, hotels, pre-cruise plans, etc.  

You are allowed to feel that way. I would have been even more vocal! I didn't like cancelling hotel and air reservations when moved from Oosterdam on 7/25 to Nieuw Amsterdam - which was unacceptable. TA automatically requested refunds from HAL and insurance. Couldn't really vent because I knew how many times others had to do the same. And I was able to do so online in about a minute. Can't imagine your frustrations.

• Like 1

Not surprised by any of this.  My canceled cruise section of my cruise spreadsheet is getting longer and longer!  We've scrapped our entire 21 day B2B due to the pause in Rotterdam's launch.  Ah well... here's to 2022!  

Got 10 days between our Scottish Outer Hebrides Private land tour and the MS Rotterdam initial voyage in Amsterdam. Five consecutive days on the Hop On Hop Off’s in Edinburgh and  Amsterdam might work?🤔

Haven’t cancelled yet! Never give up!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 6

At least you've been told your cruise was cancelled. I've known for over 3 weeks my cruise was gone because HAL chartered it out, but everyone who called HAL was told it was still going. My TA called three  days ago and was told it was still going. She said she's never seen anything like it. The next day someone on the cruise called HAL and was told the cruise was cancelled and everyone would get an email within 24 hours. She got hers an hour later. It's been almost 48 hours for me and crickets-not a word! I am so fed up. I understand about the charter-but why do they have to lie to me? This is the second cruise in a row they have done that! It's now the 6th cruise they have cancelled-which I understand-but I want honest communication! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Nieuw Amsterdam was chartered three weeks in a row. One week is to a Malt Shop group, my week-November 6, is to the Legendary Rhythmn and Blues Cruise. Like I said, HAL did this at least a month ago, we got wind of it over three weeks ago, and they have been denying it to us and our TAs. I still don't have a cancellation email, although it seems most, if not all of the roll call does. I've had airfare for some time and a week's worth of hotels booked (a number of free nights to use up because of COVID.) I booked a hotel for a week  with cooking facilities once I finally heard the cruise was cancelled. 

• Like 1