Bottle of Dom?

nyc2pdx

If you are on the premium plus beverage plan, the terms note a 40% discount on bottles of wine, etc..Dom goes for $192 + grats.  Would it be discounted 40%?  Curious, as I will be in the mood to celebrate my next cruise!

I don't see any asterisk saying anything different. 

4 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

If you are on the premium plus beverage plan, the terms note a 40% discount on bottles of wine, etc..Dom goes for $192 + grats.  Would it be discounted 40%?  Curious, as I will be in the mood to celebrate my next cruise!

I don't see any asterisk saying anything different. 

The PPBP flyer has no caveats, so I would say yes.  But best to hear form someone that has purchased Dom on the PPBP.

premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

2 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Veuve Cliquot is honestly way better tasting than Dom. Save yourself a bit of $ and just go with the Veuve. 

I’m another who thinks Dom is overrated (especially for the price).  

@nyc2pdx  another option is to bring a very special bottle of your choice on board, not be limited to what NCL has, and pay the corkage fee.

• Like 2

OP if you like the Dom, and have sprung for the beverage package upgrade you should be able to get the 40% . We did on our last cruise ( in 2019) with no problem. We drunk it and then promptly switched back to the Veuve. It was truly delicious and perfect for our particular celebration. Cin Cin.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stefmaia said:

OP if you like the Dom, and have sprung for the beverage package upgrade you should be able to get the 40% . We did on our last cruise ( in 2019) with no problem. We drunk it and then promptly switched back to the Veuve. It was truly delicious and perfect for our particular celebration. Cin Cin.

Yeah, I've seen lots of "stick with Veuve", but I have a ton of OBC, and I'd like to be able to say I tried it at least once.  :)  Thanks for the info-glad to hear someone did it, the 40% will bring the price down quite a bit.  

Comparing Veuve to Dom Perignon is not even a fair comparison... It's like the difference between a Honda and a Ferrari...  If they're selling it for $192 + gratuity minus 40%, that should make it around $138, or well below what you could buy it in the store for... I say "go for it"...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Comparing Veuve to Dom Perignon is not even a fair comparison... It's like the difference between a Honda and a Ferrari... 

Folks weren't comparing them, we were saying Dom is overrated.  Not really a Ferrari at all. 🤣 (Obviously, tastes in wine, like food, are subjective.)

If you really want to get your money's worth on a pricey bottle -- try Veuve's La Grande Dame.  

• Like 3