Celebrity reflection cabins

Auburn fan

6 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

We had a rear facing S1 Sky Suite once.  We loved it however, the folks at the Oceanview Bar could definitely see us which wasn't an issue for us.  There was a giant support beam in the middle of the cabin which was annoying at first, but we kind of got used to it.  But, EVERYTHING on the balcony needed to be constantly cleaned because soot from the smokestack fell on to it. 

The soot was everywhere... the deck, the railings, the furniture, etc.  It wasn't like Mt. Vesuvius or anything, but it was enough to get your clothes dirty and mess up the carpet in the cabin.  We wouldn't do it again.

The support beam would be a distraction to work around....do you know the cabin no..?

Soot is a bad thing..it is very difficult to clean.  Sooty and oily.

On Silhouette , we were covered in it..We were at the aft bar and there was a sudden puffback.  Everyone out there was covered..through to our undies..

Some had it in their eyes, ears, noses, etc. Needed med attention..  Luckily, only our drinks and   clothing ( mostly white) were affected.  We got free drinks, champagne, apologies ,  and our clothing was cleaned  overnight.  Came back perfect!

If we have a soot issue, we'll enjoy the view but skip sitting out,

No doubt about it, the switch from gas turbine to diesel may have been cost effective, but it definitely proved messier.  We were aboard Connie when they added (from HIGH above) the aux diesel to what until then was strictly a GTV for use when needing only 'hotel power'.  Smoked like we had never before seen on M class. 

8 hours ago, tiggy85 said:

I have 1696 booked on Reflection for next spring. Do you have more photos you could share of the view and any insights? I’ve never cruised with Celebrity before and I am super excited!! Thanks!!

1692 on Reflection

1665C574-1A74-446D-93DC-1D835949D28E.jpeg

813126EB-E8D0-498C-882C-B2ACDA2B93F6.jpeg

08418544-E277-4E16-AF7F-B644752DE7E4.jpeg

81B28AA5-0640-4FC9-928E-260AF7759796.jpeg

We are sailing in December and just changed from a regular veranda to a sunset veranda. Are the balconies any bigger? We usually go with the cabins on the slant of the hump which have great balconies and our only aft was on our TA in a family veranda on the corner on Infinity. That was awesome and likely a one time thing, 

• Like 1

Ques re:  S 2.  ...2212 on Reflection

Does anyone have pics or info about this cabin they can share?

Unfortunately the  Cruise critic search function does not work for me and I did  not follow or understand the search directions for the S Class sticky .  I am tech challenged. 

Also tried to just scroil through the sticky  but  doing that wore me out.

Main  ques I have are if it has a pole in it,  does the balcony get soot, can folks look down onto the balcony  from above, and is there alot of noise  from tables above at the outdoor buffet seating area.

Any answer or help is appreciated...probsbly too late to switch but it would be nice to have some more info.

I tried regular Ques re:  S 2.  ...2212 on Reflection

Unfortunately the  Cruise critic search function does not work for me and I did  not follow or understand the search directions for the S Class sticky .  I am tech challenged. 

Main  ques I have are if it has a pole in it,  does the balcony get soot, can folks look down onto the balcony  from above, and is there alot of noise  from tables above at the outdoor buffet seating area.

Any answer or help is appreciated...probsbly too late to switch but it would be nice to have some more info.

Just now, hcat said:

I tried regular Ques re:  S 2.  ...2212 on Reflection

Ha

I   just tried a  regular  google search.. learned cabin  has a cover  balc which is good but is very noisy due to constant moving of buffet chairs

I may try to swap out!

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Ha

I   just tried a  regular  google search.. learned cabin  has a cover  balc which is good but is very noisy due to constant moving of buffet chairs

I may try to swap out!

Not looking good

. Seems there are only a few S 2s on Reflection..all  but 2  are under  buffet seating.. We rise early but do like a good nite's sleep!

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not looking good

. Seems there are only a few S 2s on Reflection..all  but 2  are under  buffet seating.. We rise early but do like a good nite's sleep!

Yup.... only 1 S 2 is  available. And it is  also under the buffet.  All S 1  are also under the  resort deck. 

Guess we will take our chances ( and ear plugs ) with what we have.  We get up early  and head out so maybe it will be fine..despite the warnings in several reviews! 

Reflection is our least fav S class ship but we do have a good price with a chance to try Luminae ..and Connie

(our orig booking) is much older so all in all hope for rhe best...awesome aft view.

We have booked an aft cabin on the very back of Reflection also for our next cruise.  Never have booked an aft cabin like this before.  We don't mind the far walk to elevator.......but a little concerned about the soot......time will tell.

I appreciate photos from anyone staying in these cabins on their upcoming cruises, both bad and good.

Thanks.

What deck are you booked on?

We enjoyed the longer walk to the elevator  on EDGE..We  did not have soot problems,  and only  minimal noise from EDEN. 

It is concerning to be on a deck under the buffet but for our cruise there was only one other available S 2, and it had an under buffet location as well  but not aft

.  Hope folks will keep posting pics. 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, Purplsmurf said:

We are sailing in December and just changed from a regular veranda to a sunset veranda. Are the balconies any bigger? We usually go with the cabins on the slant of the hump which have great balconies and our only aft was on our TA in a family veranda on the corner on Infinity. That was awesome and likely a one time thing, 

Yes sunset balconies are larger,especially  towards the center of the ship 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Ques re:  S 2.  ...2212 on Reflection

Nice cabin, wide balcony. You can be seen at the rail. There may be a bit of noise, especially in the daytime (not at night) but not enough to put us off from booking this cabin. You might get soot depending on wind direction (we never had soot). No pole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I realize this thread is out-of-date but just wanted to share that we stayed in Reflection Cabin #8355 - Sunset Veranda, just off-center aft. - in April 2022.  We LOVED it.  We liked location - really not a long walk to elevators/stairs, we had no issues with soot on the balcony, and we did not feel exposed to onlookers from above.

CDABA9E9-9A27-4EF4-81FB-7AF23D18EC6E.heic

1. We're in 1669 on Reflection.  Its a Sky Suite.  I posted full pics of the cabin and the balcony in the blog I'm keeping.  I do hear some noise from whatever restaurant is above us.  I hear mostly dishes and glasses clanging about.  Only when on the balcony and its not that bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 11:46 PM, margie1221 said:

I realize this thread is out-of-date but just wanted to share that we stayed in Reflection Cabin #8355 - Sunset Veranda, just off-center aft. - in April 2022.  We LOVED it.  We liked location - really not a long walk to elevators/stairs, we had no issues with soot on the balcony, and we did not feel exposed to onlookers from above.

CDABA9E9-9A27-4EF4-81FB-7AF23D18EC6E.heic 1.16 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks for sharing.   We have this cabin booked for our December cruise.   I was thinking about upgrading to Aquaclass and switching to one of the angled balconies due to the privacy issue.   Glad to hear privacy is not an issue, afterall.

Unfortunately, I cannot see the pics you posted.