Penthouse suites on Sky, Discovery, Enchanted not available

MJU

I am interested in booking a penthouse suite on Discovery but do not want aft due to potential  soot problems.  I have tried (on line) to book a side penthouse on deck 14 but they don't show up as available or even sold out - after looking at Sky and Enchanted also for side penthouses none show up for sale for any sailing?  Anybody have a clue why? I know I can call Princess but before I do I was wondering if anybody knows what is going on

Thanks

I too have noticed this and even asked Princess a couple months ago when I was booking one of my cruises - the agent said she assumed they were all sold out. I told her unlikely as I was seeing it on multiple ships for dates far in the future. However, I now have a theory due to some 'detective' work I have done. I searched online at some major cruise agencies and a big box store travel site for these suites that do now show up on Princess.com - lo and behold, those Riviera (Deck 14 mid/aft) Penthouse Suites are definitely available but just not on the Princess site. So my assumption is that Princess makes these suites only available to agencies to sell - just my thought/observation.

Booked one on Sun last week for next February.   You have to call Princess or have your TA look on there system.  For whatever reason they do not show on their website.  The Princess rep said they show up on her computer and like bagney said they show up on other websites.  

• Like 1

Similar thing happens to me when I click on Window Suites (Grand Class).  I can "see" that there are cabins available, but the. Princess site will not show me which ones.  Very bothersome when you are just "looking".

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Similar thing happens to me when I click on Window Suites (Grand Class).  I can "see" that there are cabins available, but the. Princess site will not show me which ones.  Very bothersome when you are just "looking".

Does it say GTY cabins are available?

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Does it say GTY cabins are available?

No, there are cabins available when I have my TA check.  I generally book with Princess and then turn it over to my TA.  Sometimes all of the Window Suites are available (on her computer).  Go figure.

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No, there are cabins available when I have my TA check.  I generally book with Princess and then turn it over to my TA.  Sometimes all of the Window Suites are available (on her computer).  Go figure.

Maybe the IT staff working on Ocean Ready are also doing the cabin availability software.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's been like this on the Sky Princess for at least a couple of years.  At first there was a workaround where you could search for other cabin types on Riviera deck mid-aft, then select "show all cabin types", but that feature disappeared some time ago.  That does make it harder to check for price drops etc.  I have assumed this is a bug, that they don't seem to have much incentive to fix.

My travel agent can see the real availability and was able to get us the S4 cabin we wanted.  I have also been able to check on other sites like a big box store and an auto club agency.

I tried to book one of the suites on deck 14 Riviera deck on majestic princess in 2018 and none were showing as available  so i checked on a big box travel site and sure enough they were available there  so i called princess and i was able to book it   It was a great suite near the concierge lounge 

• Like 1

I wonder how many of these go/will go empty?  These obviously are higher profit/revenue.  I was able to secure one for my upcoming cruise and according to PCP I had my choice of all but one (I am assuming it is the handicapped one). 

I can't believe this omission on Princess site is on purpose.  Anyway thanks for all your answers

A few years ago I had my eyes on an aft suite and before I could commit it became unavailable. I happened to be awake in the middle of the night a few days later and checked online for options, and the suite I wanted was again available.  Unfortunately, before I wasn't ready to commit and a few hours later it became unavailable again online.

I called Princess and asked about it and they told me it was reserved, not fully paid for yet and that if the party that reserved it didn't pay for it by midnight, it would be available the next day and I could book it.

Well, the next day it was still unavailable, so I gave up. But then, it just happened that the next day I was awake again in the middle of the night and I checked online and it was available again.  I tested this, and for multiple days in a row several desirable suites would be available starting at about 2AM Mountain time, until about 4AM mountain time, they'd all be unavailable again.  So when I was finally ready to commit I just waited until 2 AM and boom! The suite I wanted was available, so I booked it quickly!

I was worried that something would happen so I called Princess the next day, and they told me that everything was fine with my reservation, and that it was common for certain travel agencies to automatically reserve rooms which would make them unavailable, but that the inventory would be available again when those bookings were not paid for by end of day and the system automatically dropped the reservation.  

7 hours ago, DragonflyCruiser said:

Booked last week for 2023 into Discovery R731.  Aft, Penthouse.  No problems!  The ones you are looking at must be booked already.

Aft penthouse isn't the problem it is the Penthouse suites on deck 14 by the concierge lounge.  They are just aft of midship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

It must depend on the cruise.  I just looked at Dec 13th 2021 cruise on Regal and R603 R608 and R609 all show as available to book.

It's not a problem on the Royal or Regal only the newer Royal class ships.  Sky, Enchanted, Discovery like MJU asked in the original post.

• 7 months later...

Just to update this older thread, we just booked one of the S6 Vista Suite cabins on the Lido deck 17 of Discovery for their Alaska Sampler.  The Penthouse Suites S4 on deck 14 Riviera are not even available on the Princess.com site (does not show as these would be "Mid Aft" on their selection and they just show N/A).  However I could book any of them from the CostcoTravel.com website (BUT deck 17 Lido doesn't show up here.)   As someone else said, I think blocks of rooms are for Princess only and some others are for agents.

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

Just to update this older thread, we just booked one of the S6 Vista Suite cabins on the Lido deck 17 of Discovery for their Alaska Sampler.  The Penthouse Suites S4 on deck 14 Riviera are not even available on the Princess.com site (does not show as these would be "Mid Aft" on their selection and they just show N/A).  However I could book any of them from the CostcoTravel.com website (BUT deck 17 Lido doesn't show up here.)   As someone else said, I think blocks of rooms are for Princess only and some others are for agents.

I've found the same thing. 
A certain big box ta website has the suites but noone else does.  
Even after final payment they did not show up on Princess' website.  
There must be some special arrangement going on.