Ship sponsored shopping excursion?

Well with the changes for the passengers on Adventure traveling with unvaccinated family,  this week; should the cruise line develope a shopping excursion for those who cannot leave the ship without being on a sponsored excursion?

My Adventure cruise is just us ladies who are all vaccinated,  so we won't be restricted.  Our September cruise is on Allure with the grandkids.   I know the rules will probably change by then but it made me think of this.  I know the Littles would prefer to stay on board with Auntie or Papaw while the girls shop.  But if we aren't allowed to disembark being fully vaccinated while the Littles aren't how do we get our shopping fix? 😁

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Well with the changes for the passengers on Adventure traveling with unvaccinated family,  this week; should the cruise line develope a shopping excursion for those who cannot leave the ship without being on a sponsored excursion?

My Adventure cruise is just us ladies who are all vaccinated,  so we won't be restricted.  Our September cruise is on Allure with the grandkids.   I know the rules will probably change by then but it made me think of this.  I know the Littles would prefer to stay on board with Auntie or Papaw while the girls shop.  But if we aren't allowed to disembark being fully vaccinated while the Littles aren't how do we get our shopping fix? 😁

There was a shopping excursion added for Grand Bahamas on Friday. 

6E7BBCEC-9953-4FA6-922F-9D9B46F2BFA9.png

I don't think this is gonna happen.  "Bubble" shore excursions are just as much about local residents not being exposed to unvaccinated cruisers (or now, those travelling in the same party with them) as they are about cruise passengers not being exposed to unvaccinated locals.

A bubble shopping excursion would require the stores be open to only cruisers from the shore excursion, which may not be feasible to execute.

3 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Ha that good, now what about Del Sol and Cariloha(not sure I spelled that right).

4 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

The distinction here is these are outdoor markets, so it depends on what kind of shopping OP is looking to do. 

If OP is looking to shop for jewelry, duty free, or anything remotely high end, those aren't likely to be in outdoor markets, so we get back to what I posted about cruisers and locals commingling in enclosed spaces if all are not vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Ha that good, now what about Del Sol and Cariloha(not sure I spelled that right).

We leave in 2 weeks for adventure. So far we having received the Royal Excursions only but expect it. Royal did update their website stating this may happen and will be monitoring the ports each week.

We will just adjust our plans as needed. 

24 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We leave in 2 weeks for adventure. So far we having received the Royal Excursions only but expect it. Royal did update their website stating this may happen and will be monitoring the ports each week.

We will just adjust our plans as needed. 

We leave in 6 days and we haven’t received an official email either, but given this weeks turn of events we are planning on it too. 

26 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The distinction here is these are outdoor markets, so it depends on what kind of shopping OP is looking to do. 

If OP is looking to shop for jewelry, duty free, or anything remotely high end, those aren't likely to be in outdoor markets, so we get back to what I posted about cruisers and locals commingling in enclosed spaces if all are not vaccinated.

Lots of unknowns right now. I was just sharing the option we have for the sailing in 6 days. Given the number of changes to protocols in the last few weeks I would say plan for the worst case scenario and hope for the best, because really, who knows 🤷‍♀️

Edited by WxNerd
Typos
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

You have to wear mask at these ports anyway, either they work or they don't you really can't argue both.  Well I guess you can but some will stop listening.😏

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

You have to wear mask at these ports anyway, either they work or they don't you really can't argue both.  Well I guess you can but some will stop listening.😏

Some ports require a mask and some do not. Just follow that country’s rules at this time. No big deal really and we will have a great time whatever the protocols are.
If you don’t agree then your option is not to cruise at this time. Pretty Simple  

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

There is a middle ground between 0% and 100% effective, especially when humans are involved. Seat belts work, but I still don't want to get into an accident, especially with a semi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Some ports require a mask and some do not. Just follow that country’s rules at this time. No big deal really and we will have a great time whatever the protocols are.
If you don’t agree then your option is not to cruise at this time. Pretty Simple  

I don't have a problem with following port requirements I don't agree with the previous poster that said something like I am suggesting cannot be done.

3 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

There is a middle ground between 0% and 100% effective, especially when humans are involved. Seat belts work, but I still don't want to get into an accident, especially with a semi.

I agree with you, it just annoys me when people argue both stances.

3 hours ago, mauraoel said:

I don't have a problem with following port requirements I don't agree with the previous poster that said something like I am suggesting cannot be done.

Then don't post on here asking for others' opinions if you're only looking for validation of your own.

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Then don't post on here asking for others' opinions if you're only looking for validation of your own.

I would like to hear ideas not negativity but guess you haven't figured that out.

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

As long as I get to go to Pandora and Del Sol, I'll be happy!

I hear you, del sol is my favorite stop, never knew they were considered high end.

Edited by mauraoel