C&A REALLY Screwed Up

SRF

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I doubt they (RCCL) swapped the names.  It sounds like the TA did something, and you will never know.  Plus, it's normal when booking to type in your number.  

The TA does not submit the number.  Only the Pax name and DOB.

YES, RCI switched the names.  My TA never dealt with my ex.  Did not know her name or C&A number.  Never had contact with her.

Ex and I sailed 3 years before I booked through TA.

And after getting it somewhat straightened out, RCI AGAIN screwed up, but changing my girlfriend's last name.  The booking confirmation from the TA showed the correct last name.

30 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Look on the bright side:  cruise line saved u lots of $$$, since New girlfriend doesn't qualify for "Diamond" status yet...😎

She does now, we FINALLY got her name right on the upcoming reservations, and her name and DOB linked with the new C&A account, and it is linked to mine. 😄

And I just made D on my last cruise, Jan 2020.  So no perks so far.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

I just got off the phone, and FINALLY, they seem to have everything fixed.  Her name is right.  Both upcoming cruises show up.  Her past cruises show up.  Her status and points (linked from my account are correct).

I would suggest you take a screen shot of the account with the correct info, just in case. 

And it was good to hear the end of the story & that it finally got straightened out. 

When I signed my wife and me up for C&A we had consecutive numbers. Which is how I figured out that a few years later they assigned her a new number. I called and they just said "You don't want the points on the original number".

Royal IT marches to the beat of a different drummer.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sobro said:

Royal IT marches to the beat of a different drummer.

That is SO true.

I am still trying to figure out why my girlfriend needed a new C&A number.  But ex did not.