C&A REALLY Screwed Up

SRF

So, many years ago I cruised with my parents and then wife.  We all created C&A accounts after the cruise (as was required at the time).

So a few years later, I got divorced.  I cruised 3 times (and one more booked) with my girl friend.  Each time, I have booked through a TA, who enters the name and DOB and good to go for C&A.

Somehow C&A MERGED the two account (ex-wife and girlfriend).  My ex wife decided to do another cruise, and when she gave her number and name, they told her the name did not match the account.  It had my girlfriend's name and all of their combined cruises.  Supposedly, she got her name back on her account and credit for her one cruise.    They told her, that with my girlfriend's name and DOB, they could get her cruises on her number.

So I called, and yeap, my girlfriend's account has my ex wife's name and no cruises.  And no, they can't find the info.  So they are looking at my cruises and asking which ones she was on.

On the phone almost 1 hour now, and we are getting close.  But she has a new C&A number.

CRAZY.  How does this company stay in business?

• Like 3

I don't understand why your ex-wife and girlfriend would have anything to do with each other.  Is  your girlfriend getting some credit because of your cruising history?  How would they get your ex-wife's number?

This is a curious mystery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Did you use the same TA when you cruised with your ex that you did with your girlfriend?  I'm wondering if the TA entered the ex's C&A number for the girlfriend.

That sounds like what happened to me too.

5 hours ago, SRF said:

So, many years ago I cruised with my parents and then wife.  We all created C&A accounts after the cruise (as was required at the time).

So a few years later, I got divorced.  I cruised 3 times (and one more booked) with my girl friend.  Each time, I have booked through a TA, who enters the name and DOB and good to go for C&A.

Somehow C&A MERGED the two account (ex-wife and girlfriend).  My ex wife decided to do another cruise, and when she gave her number and name, they told her the name did not match the account.  It had my girlfriend's name and all of their combined cruises.  Supposedly, she got her name back on her account and credit for her one cruise.    They told her, that with my girlfriend's name and DOB, they could get her cruises on her number.

So I called, and yeap, my girlfriend's account has my ex wife's name and no cruises.  And no, they can't find the info.  So they are looking at my cruises and asking which ones she was on.

On the phone almost 1 hour now, and we are getting close.  But she has a new C&A number.

CRAZY.  How does this company stay in business?

Don't blame the cruiseline. Blame the TA who gave them your ex's crown and anchor number instead of your girlfriends

• Like 5

17 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

That's why we always save our sea pass cards.  We once had to use them to prove our number of cruises to Royal.

Same here, always either save the cards or take photo  We have a cruise bud who should be Plus but she did not save documentation on a few before her divorce... it always POs her when she gets her card.  

On 7/2/2021 at 6:16 PM, tserface said:

I don't understand why your ex-wife and girlfriend would have anything to do with each other.  Is  your girlfriend getting some credit because of your cruising history?  How would they get your ex-wife's number?

This is a curious mystery.

EXACTLY.

Ex C&A number ended up with all the cruises they both took, but had my girlfriend's name.

NO idea how they managed it.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Did you use the same TA when you cruised with your ex that you did with your girlfriend?  I'm wondering if the TA entered the ex's C&A number for the girlfriend.

Nope.  First cruise no TA involved.

TA does not use C&A number, they use name and DOB.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Don't blame the cruiseline. Blame the TA who gave them your ex's crown and anchor number instead of your girlfriends

TA does not enter C&A number. They enter name and DOB.

And even if they did, it should have bounced due to incorrect name on the reservation.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:36 AM, PhoenixCruiser said:

You think a company should be out of business for this little mix up with your ex and current girlfriend?

If they take two accounts and mix them up and incorrectly credit the accounts and change the names, yeah, maybe they should be out of business.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SRF said:

If they take two accounts and mix them up and incorrectly credit the accounts and change the names, yeah, maybe they should be out of business.

While I can understand your frustration with this issue, I do believe it is a bit of an over-reaction to imply they should be out of business over something like that. I am sure in the end everything will get resolved though it may take more than an hour on hold to accomplish that. As someone who is also divorced and cruised with my ex-wife while we were still married, I too encountered some issues after our divorce. For instance, I was showing more cruise credit than I should have had. It turns out that both my ex's account and mine were still linked to one another. As a result, she had taken a cruise and the credit appeared on my account even though I did not cruise with her. Once they unlinked our accounts, my account went back to showing the correct amount of cruise credits. After that, I had C&A link my current girlfriend's account and mine (as we live together) so that she would have the same status as I did.

Based on your responses, I am curious if your girlfriend was ever issues a C&A number? If so, did she ever register an account online with that number? I am not so sure that they merged you ex's account with your girlfriend's account. It sounds more like they just changed the name on your ex's account to match your girlfriend's name and when your ex wife learned about this, she reclaimed her account. My advice would be to learn what your girlfriend's C&A number is and work with C&A to make sure it has the proper cruise credits.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scottee25 said:

While I can understand your frustration with this issue, I do believe it is a bit of an over-reaction to imply they should be out of business over something like that. I am sure in the end everything will get resolved though it may take more than an hour on hold to accomplish that. As someone who is also divorced and cruised with my ex-wife while we were still married, I too encountered some issues after our divorce. For instance, I was showing more cruise credit than I should have had. It turns out that both my ex's account and mine were still linked to one another. As a result, she had taken a cruise and the credit appeared on my account even though I did not cruise with her. Once they unlinked our accounts, my account went back to showing the correct amount of cruise credits. After that, I had C&A link my current girlfriend's account and mine (as we live together) so that she would have the same status as I did.

Based on your responses, I am curious if your girlfriend was ever issues a C&A number? If so, did she ever register an account online with that number? I am not so sure that they merged you ex's account with your girlfriend's account. It sounds more like they just changed the name on your ex's account to match your girlfriend's name and when your ex wife learned about this, she reclaimed her account. My advice would be to learn what your girlfriend's C&A number is and work with C&A to make sure it has the proper cruise credits.

My point was not that they should go out of business, but how they stay in business with these kinds of screw ups.

Yes, she had an account.  

As I said several times, my girlfriend's name was attached to my ex's account number.  And my ex's name was on my girlfriend's account number.

If they had just credited my ex with my cruises due to linking, that would be one thing.

The issue was THEY SWAPPED THE NAMES ON TWO ACCOUNTS.

And it took my ex over an hour on the phone to get her account straightened out.  And it took me more than 90 minutes to get my girlfriend straightened out, which ends up with her having a new account number.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, one more round.

So supposedly everything was fixed.  So I logged into her account and saw only one upcoming cruise.  I tried to Add a Missing Cruise, and it seems they gave my girlfriend my last name for that one cruise.

And when I tried to add her C&A number, it told me the number was not found and to call  them.  I was in Europe, so waited until I got home to call.

I just got off the phone, and FINALLY, they seem to have everything fixed.  Her name is right.  Both upcoming cruises show up.  Her past cruises show up.  Her status and points (linked from my account are correct).

WHOPPEEE.  It only took two of us and about 5 phone calls to get things fixed.