Seattle (to Alaska) Cruise Ship Schedule

TheSecondSister

The Port of Seattle updated their cruise ship schedule yesterday (July 1). The link (it’s a PDF) i: https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2021-07/2021%20Sailing%20Schedule%20Updated%207.1.21.pdf

The first ship, Serenade of the Seas, leaves July 19.  The last sailing is the Norwegian Encore on October 23. I'll be on the Sept. 4 sailing of the Norwegian Encore (minus the sister but with the hubby). The Encore is making her way to Seattle and is scheduled to arrive July 5.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Correct this is this is wrong - - - 

Seattle can comfortably handle 3 cruise ships at a time -

Pier 66 NCL and others

Piers 90 & 91 HAL and others

LINK:

Google Maps

Zoom In-Out - pan left-right

If you actually look at the Port of Seattle terminal schedule you will find that (at least for the shortened Alaska cruise season this year) Celebrity is sailing from Pier 66.  While Celebrity used Bell Street in the past more recently they were assigned to Smith Cove.  

Now I am trying to remember if two ships can be docked at Bell Street (aka Pier 66).  Seems to me that on a port call at Bell Street we may have had another ship docked behind (bow to stern).  Hopefully "Heidi 13" can comment as my memory is fuzzy on that point.  

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Now I am trying to remember if two ships can be docked at Bell Street (aka Pier 66).  Seems to me that on a port call at Bell Street we may have had another ship docked behind (bow to stern).  Hopefully "Heidi 13" can comment as my memory is fuzzy on that point.  

Taking that Google Map I linked to - it would be possible but the entrance to that marina sailing

school would be inhibited (pier 62).

Pier 66 estimated length 1400 feet

JEWEL class ship - 971 feet

Encore class ship - 1082 feet

Considering a JEWEL class ship and another similar sized - possible

Take one of the NCL Encore ships and I doubt that this would be OK (300 feet left to work with)

With 3 pier spaces available daily times the 7 days in a week -

there are 21 opportunities to use the available pier space -

I doubt that there will be that many cruise ships making 21 cruises a week to Alaska -

nothing to worry about here folks. 

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Having been a guest at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront, which is almost across the street from Pier 66,  more than once, can the terminal handle two large ships?  What about the traffic in the street in front of the terminal?  There are no "turn-offs" into the terminal for guests to drop off or retrieve luggage.  For two NCL or Celebrity ships to dock there at the same time?  !!!!!!  Maybe, a smaller vessel, i.e Silverseas,  and one of the "big boys" would be OK.  I just don't think this would be a great way for a guest to begin their cruise with the chaos that I think they would experience.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Having been a guest at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront, which is almost across the street from Pier 66,  more than once, can the terminal handle two large ships?  What about the traffic in the street in front of the terminal?  There are no "turn-offs" into the terminal for guests to drop off or retrieve luggage.  For two NCL or Celebrity ships to dock there at the same time?  !!!!!!  Maybe, a smaller vessel, i.e Silverseas,  and one of the "big boys" would be OK.  I just don't think this would be a great way for a guest to begin their cruise with the chaos that I think they would experience.  

The Celebrity M-class ships are not "big boys" compared to some others, such as even the Celebrity S-class ships, which are smaller than a number of new builds.  And while I remember the disembarkation line for cabs at Pier 66 to be rather long, we had a private car waiting for us.  But for folks going out of Smith Cove there is a mess for private car pick up service and a walk to the Uber/Lyft pick up lot.  Not much better.

• Like 1

In the past 3 years I’ve not seen two ships at Pier 66, only one at a time. Seabourn has had Seattle as a port stop and were anchored near Pier 70 and tendering passengers ashore while another ship was at Pier 66.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Seabourn has had Seattle as a port stop and were anchored near Pier 70 and tendering passengers ashore while another ship was at Pier 66.

Once when I was in Seattle, The World was anchored and her tenders were being used.  I really don't recall where the tender landing was for certain.  Could it have been in the marina area near Anthony's?  

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Once when I was in Seattle, The World was anchored and her tenders were being used.  I really don't recall where the tender landing was for certain.  Could it have been in the marina area near Anthony's?  

I didn’t see where the tenders were taking passengers although the Bell Harbor Marina in front of Anthony’s would be the easiest since it accommodates smaller boats.

• Like 1

I've never seen 2 ships at Pier 66 and I've never seen a cruise ship on Pier 90, Princess on Pier 91East and HAL on Pier 91 West. I was in a meeting last week and I heard it mentioned that some of the cruise ships might pull out of the Port of Seattle and go down to the Port of Tacoma.

19 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I didn’t see where the tenders were taking passengers although the Bell Harbor Marina in front of Anthony’s would be the easiest since it accommodates smaller boats.

The more I have thought of this, I am sure that is where The World's tenders were operating.  I would have had no reason to go further down the street past Pier 66.  I would have had to seen this when I was at the Marriott.  

18 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I was in a meeting last week and I heard it mentioned that some of the cruise ships might pull out of the Port of Seattle and go down to the Port of Tacoma.

Was there any reason given for why this might happen?  Does the Port of Tacoma have a terminal suitable for cruise ships/guests?