Contact phone number for UK Diamond Plus desk

I've searched, but can't find a contact number for the UK Diamond Plus helpdesk. Before paying the balance on our September Jewel cruise, I checked how many cabins remain unsold (lots!) and happened to notice the price has gone down quite sunstantially due to a new senior discount. Before paying the balance I want to check if we can benefit from this reduction as I seem to remember that, unusually for the UK, RCCL stated they would honour price drops. TIA

Edited by suekay
sp

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

That sounds interesting.

When was the Senior Discount introduced, please ? We have a cruise booked for May 22.

I don't know but it must be recently as I check quite often and it's the first time I've seen it

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I gave you the direct number in #3 ^^

Oh I missed that,  I only saw the second part of your post for some reason Thanks, I'll phone that number today 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Would be interested to know how you get on and whether we can re fare without cancellation in UK. Thanks.

Normally in the UK you cannot re-fare however under Cruise With Confidence it is being allowed.  This will apply to sailings through April 2022

Thank you..typically our cruise is May 22.

We have more cruises under our belts with Princess, where we have been able to change  elements of our cruises..just one time, for an admin fee of £100. We haven’t made any changes yet though.

We have only done five cruises with RCCL and so far haven’t needed to re arrange anything….but will look into Cruise with Confidence, may be able to squeeze something in !

Thanks again.

Success!   After spending an hour on the phone to the Diamond Plus desk, an amended invoice was issued showing the new lower price due to the senior discount. Thanks to all who replied to my original query, and good luck to those who may also  be able to take advantage of the "best price" offer

3 hours ago, suekay said:

Success!   After spending an hour on the phone to the Diamond Plus desk, an amended invoice was issued showing the new lower price due to the senior discount. Thanks to all who replied to my original query, and good luck to those who may also  be able to take advantage of the "best price" offer

I think I’ve got it! New invoice showing a nice new discount but the title is Global Suspension FCC??  And the FCC I used to pay for the cruise has fallen off! Win some lose some! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

At least it’s a freephone number! 

Edited by little britain

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think I’ve got it! New invoice showing a nice new discount but the title is Global Suspension FCC??  And the FCC I used to pay for the cruise has fallen off! Win some lose some! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

At least it’s a freephone number! 

Is the final number lower than before?   Probably all that matters. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are on the Jewel for the sailings around the Greek isles leaving from Cyprus,  and we booked this on 4 August.   I've been having an issuie with my TA with regards to the price we initially paid, which was higher than advertised on the website,   At that time we qualified for the Senior Discount, but they never included our C & A discount, my TA was adamant that it had been included (Invoice I received didn't even have our C & A numbers on it!!).   I kept sending her screen shots of the price I had, and on Monday of this week, she called me to say they'd (RCCL) dropped the price, and given me my  C & A Discount, but the price was still higher than advertised.    She doesn't seem to like the idea that at present we can use the Best price Guarantee.  I again sent another screen shot of the lower price, and I suggested that since she was having issues contacting RCCL (I kept getting reminded that she'd spent over 6 hours in total waiting to speak to someone to sort this)  I could contact HQ and ask them to check the prices.    I sent an email and an hour later received a reply, they would look into it immediately.    I then, saw later that night the prices had dropped again(our senior discount disappeared, but we kept C & A discount)and I emailed early the next morning to the person who had replied from HQ, to ask about the new pricing.    I received a reply stating that a new invoice would be issued for the lower pricing, and I would receive a refund which would go back to my TA.    From the correspondence I've had since, I think I have one very unhappy TA.   I'm still awaiting the refund from TA,  and haven't heard from her since my last email on Tuesday!!! 

I had never seen a Senior Citizen Discount either until now!!!    lol 

22 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

I would receive a refund which would go back to my TA.    From the correspondence I've had since, I think I have one very unhappy TA.   I'm still awaiting the refund from TA,  and haven't heard from her since my last email on Tuesday!!! 

Most TAs don’t work that way - the money should go directly back to you without ever going to the TA. That should be a reason to switch TAs, never mind the unresponsiveness. 

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Most TAs don’t work that way - the money should go directly back to you without ever going to the TA. That should be a reason to switch TAs, never mind the unresponsiveness. 

We're in the Uk, and the way we make payment is slightly different.    I did actually email the RCCL rep that agreed and confirmed the price drop and refund, because the card we had used to make the initial payment had expired, so I wanted to give her the new information, and she replied that the refurnd would actually be returned to my TA, and they in turn would refund me.

I do have another TA company which I have booked other trips with, but this TA still has a L & S applicable for us too.   There will be no more bookings with her!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything with a UK booking is 'slightly' different. We're the poor relations.

No price drops, no cancel without penalty, no changes to guarantee stateroom once allocated, can only make one change to a booking then admin fees apply... have I missed anything?

That is until the pandemic and 'cruise with confidence' came along.

Will be interesting to see if we return to being the poor relations when cruise with confidence ends.