No drink packages on 3 night cruises ??? C'mon MSC.

FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

Booked a back-to-back Cruise August 2nd and August 6th on Meraviglia. Was able to get a drink package for the first part, four night cruise. Tried purchasing one for the three night, but was not able to do it through the app. I then called MSC and have spoken to several different Representatives. All coming to the same conclusion, they are not offering drink packages on the three-night cruises.  That seems crazy to me. I guess we haven't done a lot of short cruises, but in the 30-plus cruises I've done, I have never once seen a cruise line not offer any type of drink package.

Is this a common practice on three-night cruises?

Most of the three day sailings have the All In rate available.  Usually this Easy package and WiFi combo is cheaper than buying them separately.  MSC is often willing to make the change but you probably will have to pay the current pricing.  I'm not sure how they would handle upgrading to a higher package but would think it's possible.

Yeah, I did the math before booking and saw the prices I could get the drink package for on a normal cruise. I would have come out better so I decided to forgo the all-in package. I did call to see how much it would be to upgrade to the all-in and the price was crazy. I think I paid 750 for the 3 day cruise for four people, to upgrade to the all-in was going to cost me an extra 1100 I believe .

• Like 1

Ooh pls come back and tell us your experience on your aug2 trip how everything was run

getting back on boat after 3 yrs of not cruising I know it’s going to be different but curious how a 3 day will run also if I carry on my bottles of wine ?

Very glad to hear that we may have the option to get the package onboard. I still don't understand why they will not allow the purchase pre boarding as with all other cruises.

I do not believe MSC allows any carry on beverages Ortech, wine or sodas. 

I will try to remember to post any findings after the cruise.