Unvaccinated Children - Antigen Test

tbjl24

2 hours ago, sixbrad said:

Agreed, according to the person that called, it was imposed on them by the CDC

I've never seen a CDC requirement about testing 72 hours before embarkation.  It's always only been a CDC recommendation, just like getting tested 3-5 days after and self-quarantining for 7days after the cruise.  The CDC has only required embarkation day and disembarkation day testing (viral or antigen).  The 72 hour prior test rules had been made by several cruise lines and I can't find any information it was a CDC change.  The only place the CDC has a 3 day prior requirement is for air travel back into the US. 

I'm thinking this was a last minute change by MSC.

Monitoring this as our cruise is this fall.

I think that MSC has come down on the side of caution …they cannot have the future of cruises ,out of Florida, in jeopardy.

Many concerned With the current surge of Delta variant throughout the country. in Florida, positive cases higher now than last year. 
My 2 cents.

Edited by phissy

I wonder if this policy change is an indicator MSC may designate some areas as vaccinated only.  I could see them changing this 11 and under wording since MSC was treating children of vaccinated parents as vaccinated it would have caused those parents to possibly feel entitled for the children to use the vaccinated only areas - which the CDC wouldn't allow.  MSC keeps hinting that they might have vaccinated only areas on the ship.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, Missbollinger said:

The goal posts have moved.. our 3pm tests on 8/3 will not meet the 72 hours before departure requirement (8/6 7pm) so now I have to reschedule and hopefully be able to get in!

BA652F7C-A4BB-4604-B28F-5BABFCDCB411.jpeg

1C8077E9-BBE5-4A4F-BFA3-97427D8D2C4D.jpeg

I also read on the website that because our 11 y.o. is unvaccinated, then we will not be able to be on any ship excursions.  Additionally, passengers are not permitted to go on their own excursions.

Does this mean we cannot get off the ship for our 18 day cruise?  Our cruise is in Dec - lots of time for things to change...crossing fingers and toes!

1 hour ago, lifeasme123 said:

I also read on the website that because our 11 y.o. is unvaccinated, then we will not be able to be on any ship excursions.  Additionally, passengers are not permitted to go on their own excursions.

Where are you seeing this? From what I can see, unvaccinated can under certain conditions...

NOT FULLY VACCINATED

You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests. You must wear your mask during disembarkation and throughout the terminal as well.

If you become symptomatic during your cruise, you will be required to adhere to a RT-PCR test on on board (covered by MSC Cruises).

On our exclusive private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, you can spend the day as you wish or you may purchase one of our many offered shore excursions

On all other ports of call, you will not be allowed to go ashore unless you purchase a shore excursion through MSC Cruises. This is to help ensure everyone is following the same health and safety protocol

On 8/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Where are you seeing this? From what I can see, unvaccinated can under certain conditions...

NOT FULLY VACCINATED

You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests. You must wear your mask during disembarkation and throughout the terminal as well.

If you become symptomatic during your cruise, you will be required to adhere to a RT-PCR test on on board (covered by MSC Cruises).

On our exclusive private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, you can spend the day as you wish or you may purchase one of our many offered shore excursions

On all other ports of call, you will not be allowed to go ashore unless you purchase a shore excursion through MSC Cruises. This is to help ensure everyone is following the same health and safety protocol

I read this information via mobile.  I didn't realize that I had to swipe right to see that part you posted.

So it looks like our daughter will be able to dive.  For her dive, I actually prefer to go through the ship.

Thank you!