Possible change in itinerary coming?

Our Allure 8/8 sailing abruptly stopped showing any excursions for St. Kitts available last evening. It's no longer even a choice on the menu under "Plan your cruise." It does still show in the app though and in the schedule. We noticed there was also a change in St. Kitts covid visitation regulations July 31. Itinerary change coming or just website glitch?

Yeah we emailed royal and they said its still on itinerary for our cruise. But……….. I have gotten wrong info before from them.(or reps that were not informed yet)

I would not be surprised if that port is cancelled. Roll with the punches. We dont care where we go. We have been to all these islands many times. But Im sure many are looking forward to it. Only thing certain is things will change.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, g8rchick said:

Our Allure 8/8 sailing abruptly stopped showing any excursions for St. Kitts available last evening. It's no longer even a choice on the menu under "Plan your cruise." It does still show in the app though and in the schedule. We noticed there was also a change in St. Kitts covid visitation regulations July 31. Itinerary change coming or just website glitch?

St. Kitt's is one of our favorite by far. It would be a bummer (although perfectly understandable) if they close their ports again. 

2 minutes ago, coldflame said:

St. Kitt's is one of our favorite by far. It would be a bummer (although perfectly understandable) if they close their ports again. 

What's your favorite thing to do there? 

2 minutes ago, g8rchick said:

What's your favorite thing to do there? 

Beaches, snorkeling, catamaran to Nevis. The island is so gorgeous and we found the people to be super nice and laid back. However our favorite aspect is that is relatively far away from the cruising path and their cruise port isn't that big, so there's never -- even on busy season -- this sense of a place being overrun by tourists.

Yes st kitts is beautiful …. Love snorkeling.

If you go to facebook group with allure august 8th sailing you will find a bigger discussion on this. One poster said we might be going to st marteen instead. But no email from royal yet. That we can rest assured if it’s definitive 

if you go to st kitts official tourism web site it appears they are closing borders to multiple countries. I dont see U.S listed yet but it doesnt seem promising.

its going to be a long week!  Really miss being able to be excited for a cruise. Thats half the fun. Oh well,im excited but apprehensive at same time.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1

Before covid hit, we were looking forward to visiting St. Kitts. We've had three cruises that have been cancelled so far that have that stop on the itinerary, and it looks like our 8/22 cruise will miss it as well. I guess we will adopt the baseball mantra and just "wait till next year"😟

• Like 1

Given that it is Sunday, many of the decision makers are likely not in the office. I would suspect they have a drill in place for those occasions that ports announce anything that leads to uncertainty about their potential for being open. Upcoming decisions are likely to be made later in the week. It's a big plus that if the port is uncertain, they aren't keeping anything in place to cause you to pay for things that you'd have to wait some time on which to receive a refund.

The biggest positive here is that you're sailing on the Allure! If you're bored, it's because you want to be. Enjoy that beautiful ship. She is my favorite.

• Like 2