On the Apex Now - 7/31/21 Impressions

Steelydad2021

1 hour ago, CanuckCruizer said:

Steelydad - loved your cat pics & love the "hot dog" thrown in😀

Bruin Steve - thanks for your great report & wonderful that you are also on a B2B.

Love reading these reports as it makes me look forward to our cruises on Apex next year even more.

Hope you both have a good turnaround day & a good lunch in Le Bistro.

Canuck

B2B? I wish, no

Captain says 4 positives on debarkation tests but their contacts tested negative so, it has come to the last course ...

the sweet treats and surprises for all the buckaroos.

Having doubled down to the gym & run the hills of the track, having climbed 35 flights on the Walls of Dubrovick and sizzled in the merciless rays of the heat wave, its time to grab a piece of something that is going to last ... hopefully not on the waist line. 🤪

763654200_bluetart.jpeg.5cea51c6ad388ae8cab8aec7659fa6af.jpegcakes.jpeg.bf4772514ce09a13b2e528ab33ce33a0.jpeg1379009943_icecream.jpeg.352e34d04a62bfbd25a0eefee8735748.jpeg1306388026_chocmango.jpeg.b2393607b6f2c6f065fc67a1abf4c160.jpeg

435359057_Apexsweets3.jpg.8b6bff3203703ca7234df118c8d5afb0.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Steelydad2021 said:

B2B? I wish, no

Captain says 4 positives on debarkation tests but their contacts tested negative so, it has come to the last course ...

the sweet treats and surprises for all the buckaroos.

Having doubled down to the gym & run the hills of the track, having climbed 35 flights on the Walls of Dubrovick and sizzled in the merciless rays of the heat wave, its time to grab a piece of something that is going to last ... hopefully not on the waist line. 🤪

763654200_bluetart.jpeg.5cea51c6ad388ae8cab8aec7659fa6af.jpegcakes.jpeg.bf4772514ce09a13b2e528ab33ce33a0.jpeg1379009943_icecream.jpeg.352e34d04a62bfbd25a0eefee8735748.jpeg1306388026_chocmango.jpeg.b2393607b6f2c6f065fc67a1abf4c160.jpeg

435359057_Apexsweets3.jpg.8b6bff3203703ca7234df118c8d5afb0.jpg

Steelydad - Sorry, but Ian posted in the other review post, telling you to enjoy your Turnaround lunch & your 2nd week...so I just assumed....sorry you have to leave.😪

Lovely pics...making me drool.  Thanks for the laughs and I wish you safe travels & many more amazing journeys to come.

Cheers,

Canuck

There’s a smoky smell in the air so today could prove interesting

But to paraphrase George Carlin, sliding into home at last, its been a hell of a go

No marigolds in the promised land but no pain and no regrets, a Greek Odyssey sea song set on this peaceful shore

On behalf of the band, thanks to

• X for getting back in this biz
  • The Apex for the million $ ride, factoring inflation make that billion $ ride
  • The professionalism of the X crew/staff, you are the couth, we are the uncouth
  • The cool cats on CC
  • DW for taking the photos & 30 years of patience
  • G-d for it all

Speedy recovery to the unlucky few

Until we693817760_Xsunset.jpg.b5778ed3c7ef1d94af60376f30bc4a3b.jpg Do it Again..

Now we dolly back, now we fade to black

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Steelydad2021 said:

There’s a smoky smell in the air so today could prove interesting

But to paraphrase George Carlin, sliding into home at last, its been a hell of a go

No marigolds in the promised land but no pain and no regrets, a Greek Odyssey sea song set on this peaceful shore

On behalf of the band, thanks to

• X for getting back in this biz
  • The Apex for the million $ ride, factoring inflation make that billion $ ride
  • The professionalism of the X crew/staff, you are the couth, we are the uncouth
  • The cool cats on CC
  • DW for taking the photos & 30 years of patience
  • G-d for it all

Speedy recovery to the unlucky few

Until we693817760_Xsunset.jpg.b5778ed3c7ef1d94af60376f30bc4a3b.jpg Do it Again..

Thanks for the trip report, "what a long strange trip it's been..."

I guess you can buy a thrill after all...😁

Safe travels!

Canuck

• Like 1

My mistake for booking you on another cruise! Wishful thinking,  but it is another CC, S Bruin on for another week I think, sorry for the confusion. 

Lovely pics and thanks for your views, thoughts and observations in your irreverent way!

Take care, safe travels and happy cruising everyone!

• Haha 1

Good morning! 

Does anyone know the earliest approximate departure time from the Apex on debarkation morning? The itinerary shows a 5am arrival, but not sure what time debarkation actually begins. We're looking to get off ASAP on the 14th. Anyone from the previous sailings have any input? Thanks! 

We’re now just hanging out on a near empty Apex…

Our Butler placed more champagne on ice in our suite for the next cruise…so we’re up to five unopened bottles one Perrier-Jouet… three Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine…plus one bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay.  We have no idea when or how we are going to drink all this as we also have the premium drink package.

We have no idea when the first group was off the ship…we had the good fortune to be able to sleep in…

We just went down to Deck 2 at our leisure and they gave us the new cards—simple…

Looking forward to doing it all again…at sea tomorrow, back to Dubrovnik the next day…

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sfzpilot said:

Good morning! 

Does anyone know the earliest approximate departure time from the Apex on debarkation morning? The itinerary shows a 5am arrival, but not sure what time debarkation actually begins. We're looking to get off ASAP on the 14th. Anyone from the previous sailings have any input? Thanks! 

we will be doing the Express walk off which usually starts at around 6 or 6:30. 

Need to catch a ferry to Paros. I have asked people on FB who were on board. They confirmed that it is offered.

Edited by Miaminice

8 hours ago, Steelydad2021 said:

Thanks for taking us along with you and your DW. I’m very sorry for the people who tested positive, but I’m relieved that you two didn’t get the goodbye look. Safe travels until you’re home at last.

9 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

We’re now just hanging out on a near empty Apex…

Our Butler placed more champagne on ice in our suite for the next cruise…so we’re up to five unopened bottles one Perrier-Jouet… three Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine…plus one bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay.  We have no idea when or how we are going to drink all this as we also have the premium drink package.

We have no idea when the first group was off the ship…we had the good fortune to be able to sleep in…

We just went down to Deck 2 at our leisure and they gave us the new cards—simple…

Looking forward to doing it all again…at sea tomorrow, back to Dubrovnik the next day…

Agree we were given a liter of good single malt scotch also a bottle of Bombay Sapphire, took the scotch home, still have most of a bottle of McAllen from a previous celebrity cruise. 

3 hours ago, LeafsFanNL said:

SteveBruin,

how bad is Athens air quality right now?  We are supposed to arrive on the 17th, but are considering canceling the whole thing.

I suggest you read this article, make a guess how the air quality will be on the 17th and then decide what to do: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/blaze-sweeps-through-athens-suburbs-fifth-day-greece-wildfires-2021-08-07/

Looks like things are getting worse in Athens due to the wild fire.

Per this article:

• People were fanning themselves with passports, boarding passes and printouts of COVID-19 test results @ the Airport. The heat, particularly in crowded check-in and security lines, was stifling.
  • lack of air conditioning was the direct result of power outages caused by the wildfires
  • On Sunday, Aug. 8, The New York Times reported that thousands more locals and tourists had been evacuated. Forests on the island of Evia have been incinerated, and the fires have threatened such ancient landmarks as Olympia. People have lost their businesses, their homes and their lives
  • Far from the immediate threat of flames, smoke could be seen — and smelled — around the Greek islands last week.
Edited by ETHTrader

15 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Looks like things are getting worse in Athens due to the wild fire.

Per this article:

• People were fanning themselves with passports, boarding passes and printouts of COVID-19 test results. The heat, particularly in crowded check-in and security lines, was stifling.
  • lack of air conditioning was the direct result of power outages caused by the wildfires
  • On Sunday, Aug. 8, The New York Times reported that thousands more locals and tourists had been evacuated. Forests on the island of Evia have been incinerated, and the fires have threatened such ancient landmarks as Olympia. People have lost their businesses, their homes and their lives
  • Far from the immediate threat of flames, smoke could be seen — and smelled — around the Greek islands last week.

That's sad, and disheartening. But I think better to be prepared. Thanks for posting.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:59 AM, sfzpilot said:

Good morning! 

we left pretty early on our July 8 sailing, I think we walked off about 730am.. and a lot of people were already off.... I think 630am/7am is doable