NCL Epic from Barcelona

Nolsie

The last sailing we did on epic it was entirely British passengers on the star it was 50/50 Americans/British we booked the epic purely for the entertainment which we thought the best we have ever had on a ship so getting off for excursions is not going to be a problem for us it’s just the boarding

I saw a post on Facebook this morning regarding Royal Caribbean and Harmony of the Seas sailings that visit Italian ports. It says on the first few sailings (they start in august) that guests from certain countries (including the UK) are not allowed due to the current Italian quarantine requirements! I hope that doesn’t happen on NCL. They are also making guests take only RCCL excursions when going ashore. 

46 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

I saw a post on Facebook this morning regarding Royal Caribbean and Harmony of the Seas sailings that visit Italian ports. It says on the first few sailings (they start in august) that guests from certain countries (including the UK) are not allowed due to the current Italian quarantine requirements! I hope that doesn’t happen on NCL. They are also making guests take only RCCL excursions when going ashore. 

Remember RCL aren’t 100% vaccinated? I’ve had a email today about the tendering, don’t listen to the idiots 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, bigjcruiser said:

Have they reinstated your upgrade bids yet?

2 minutes ago, roxette said:

Has anyone recieved the email that was supposed to be sent out 30 days prior to the cruise?

I am on the september 5th, hade nothing yet. Both the ones embarking in Barcelona and Rome should have hade it by now.

No, I thought it was 21 days ? 

4 hours ago, Trimone said:

Have they reinstated your upgrade bids yet?

No, I reinstated them myself. I don’t hold out much hope though. I did notice my original ones were in USD, once they got cancelled and I did them again they were in GBP so I wonder if that was the issue? My PCC never called me back though nor responded to my email. 

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Mine didn’t disappear though they are expensive, not really worth it, the prices and availability in all grades increased today?

Just been on to look and looks like it’s disappeared again off the website again now for the 5th. Rome is still there from the 8th. 

9 hours ago, bigjcruiser said:

Just been on to look and looks like it’s disappeared again off the website again now for the 5th. Rome is still there from the 8th. 

They are really starting to pi me off, I arrive in Barcelona on the 1st September, we purposely haven’t booked accommodation yet due to this messing, I have flights with BA that are pretty flexible with cancellations, I’m not booking covid testing in Spain yet for the 72 hour rule, I just wish they were positive.

13 hours ago, bigjcruiser said:

They did explain this though (if it can be believed, but it seems to be logical), that they were sold out at capacity for 5th.  Then the balcony and higher re-appeared, with studio and inside "sold out".  So hopefully this was just a few cabins becoming available with cancellations, and now gone again.

• Thanks 1

Our flights from the UK have just been moved/changed. We were due to fly out Friday night to Barcelona but looks like they have combined the Friday and Saturday flights together on the Saturday night now. Not sure whether to go with someone else and fly in Friday night still or at least Saturday morning but then think could it be a sign and means less chance to catch COVID in Barcelona before boarding (although I was looking forward to the Saturday there!)

I assume that it’s due to lack of uptake on the flights. Hopefully nothing happens with the flight home although neither flight is currently coming up on the website (Vueling). Just glad the cruise wasn’t leaving on the Saturday! 

We are also scheduled to fly on the Friday, but from Birmingham. I just double checked, and there is still availability on that flight if that works ? 

It is BA, but the flight is operated by Vueling, soi maybe you can transfer if you can make it to Birmingham. We will also be taking our required antigen test at the airport, so killing two birds with one stone.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Just picking up on an earlier post. Think it has been confirmed that all UK based cruisers that were booked on Harmony of the Seas throughout August have been cancelled as it visits Italian ports.

I get Trimone's point about the vaccination requirements being different, but I do wonder if this means we wont be using the "In Transit" clause for the Italian Gov's entry rules. If that is the case, if they dont relax that 5 day isolation rule on August 30th, those of us from the UK may indeed be prevented from boarding.

Anybody have a different spin on it ?

Interestingly, you can still book on HotS through 3rd party TA's, but its just not showing on RCCL's UK site to book either August or September.

This is so unnerving, if we do make it, that drinks package will be getting some hammer !!!

On 8/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, roxette said:

Has anyone recieved the email that was supposed to be sent out 30 days prior to the cruise?

I am on the september 5th, hade nothing yet. Both the ones embarking in Barcelona and Rome should have hade it by now.

We are booked on September 5 out of Barcelona. Haven’t received email yet.