Meraviglia August 2nd

thepla

49 minutes ago, kjenaz said:

Watching the Miami Cruise Port Webpage and it looks like the Meraviglia is still there.  The Freedom pulled out just after 7 on schedule.  Any update why?

They didn't tell us why but announced it was delayed. I'm sure all the covid tests are slowing things down. 

32 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

Did you need to photocopy your vaccination card and bring it with you?

We photocopied ours but they didn't ask for it.  They asked for originals and took pictures of them during check in

There are a couple negatives to me. I can't seem to figure what is free for a teenager. Other than pool everything else seems to be paid extra. Same for food. Mdr and buffet but I can't find anything else that is free. Just was cutting through Buffett and long line for pizza and nothing else in site. My guess half hour for pizza. Partly due to having to be served, which is actually great, but no other stations for serving available..

Going to theatre several places to eat we're open still but all paid..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thepla said:

There are a couple negatives to me. I can't seem to figure what is free for a teenager. Other than pool everything else seems to be paid extra. Same for food. Mdr and buffet but I can't find anything else that is free. Just was cutting through Buffett and long line for pizza and nothing else in site. My guess half hour for pizza. Partly due to having to be served, which is actually great, but no other stations for serving available..

Ok I was completely wrong about activities for a teenager. Did some more waking and reading daily planner. There is ping pong, table soccer ropes, much more. Can't wait for him to enjoy tomorrow. We saw rock and roll show. I really enjoyed it 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thepla said:

Ok I was completely wrong about activities for a teenager. Did some more waking and reading daily planner. There is ping pong, table soccer ropes, much more. Can't wait for him to enjoy tomorrow. We saw rock and roll show. I really enjoyed it 

Thanks for all the info, if you happen by can you see if the smaller kids clubs are fully open?

1 minute ago, Margaretealexander said:

Just received my embarkation time of 1:40. Since it’s only 4 days that kind of negates the first day. What time do they actually start the process? Curious.

Doesn't negate the first day at all. The earliest times would be about 11am, so you are looking at "losing" 2.5hrs at most.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Margaretealexander said:

Just received my embarkation time of 1:40. Since it’s only 4 days that kind of negates the first day. What time do they actually start the process? Curious.

We had an 1130 slot but showed up at about 1030. We weren't actually trying to get on early, just arrived sooner than anticipated. We asked where we should wait and the lady said if you're ready to go we will take you. Sounded like they were ahead of the process at that point. Then the process took about 2.5 hours though. Didn't get on the ship till a little after 1pm. Was told by another cruiser that they started taking people at 8. Don't know how they will be able to do that if they have people to offload as well. Since this was the first cruise they didn't have to worry about that.

Edited by FIREFIGHTERCRUISER
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

We had an 1130 slot but showed up at about 1030. We weren't actually trying to get on early, just arrived sooner than anticipated. We asked where we should wait and the lady said if you're ready to go we will take you. Sounded like they were ahead of the process at that point. Then the process took about 2.5 hours though. Didn't get on the ship till a little after 1pm. Was told by another cruiser that they started taking people at 8. Don't know how they will be able to do that if they have people to offload as well. Since this was the first cruise they didn't have to worry about that.

This was for the first cruise, tho, right? I don't think they can start taking people before 11am going forward...*maybe* 10:30...

They need to get check-in down to an hour or or 1.5 hours at most.  2.5 to 3 hours just isn't acceptable in my opinion.  I wonder if the YC check-in experience is quicker?  Anyone have any idea on that from yesterday's embarkation? 

15 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

They need to get check-in down to an hour or or 1.5 hours at most.  2.5 to 3 hours just isn't acceptable in my opinion.  I wonder if the YC check-in experience is quicker?  Anyone have any idea on that from yesterday's embarkation? 

That's definitely a long time, but given what they have to do now with covid, I think it's not that bad.

Of course, it depends on how many people 🙂 2.5hrs for 100 people on board sucks. For 4K people it's excellent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Check in as yc was super quick. Butler meets you out front terminal to collect bags and ushers you pass all lines. Covid testing still took about an hour though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slickpat said:

Check in as yc was super quick. Butler meets you out front terminal to collect bags and ushers you pass all lines. Covid testing still took about an hour though. 

Awesome, thanks for the information! Glad to see that they at least YC check-in is quicker.  

15 hours ago, thepla said:

I thought when we went from pool to buffet and line was unexceptionable for me to do this again and msc got smart and opened up more than one line. Very smart move and got through in reasonable time. Once past first spot where you get silverware, etc. You can go to anywhere very fast. When we left there was almost no line to get in 

• Like 1