Jammy Bun

We received a mail shot from Saga this morning advertising 2022 cruises, along with a flyer stating 2023 cruise brochures will be available on 29th March.  It states people who have pre-registered will be contacted “soon”. 

We pre-registered about 18 months ago, and are waiting with baited breath for an email with details of the 2023 cruises, and a phone call from Saga! 

2 hours ago, LandC said:

We received a mail shot from Saga this morning advertising 2022 cruises, along with a flyer stating 2023 cruise brochures will be available on 29th March.  It states people who have pre-registered will be contacted “soon”. 

We pre-registered about 18 months ago, and are waiting with baited breath for an email with details of the 2023 cruises, and a phone call from Saga! 

I join SoA on 29 March, the day the brochures are expected to become available. Will they have copies onboard and will I be able to book?

PS I am hoping for a cruise to the Canary Islands in January 2023 if either ship is going there.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, LandC said:

How long does Saga give you to digest the email before they ring you?

Medeba, I’ve checked my records.  We had an email on 26th August 2020 with a PDF of the brochure for 2022 cruises.  Saga phoned us on 1st September.  So we had 5 days, but I guess this will vary according to how many staff are available to make the calls. 

it’s important to note that there are no prices on the  brochure.  When called you will be advised of the price for your chosen cruise, which will depend on the discount available at the time, eg 35%, 30% or whatever.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LandC said:

Medeba, I’ve checked my records.  We had an email on 26th August 2020 with a PDF of the brochure for 2022 cruises.  Saga phoned us on 1st September.  So we had 5 days, but I guess this will vary according to how many staff are available to make the calls. 

it’s important to note that there are no prices on the  brochure.  When called you will be advised of the price for your chosen cruise, which will depend on the discount available at the time, eg 35%, 30% or whatever.

Thank you.  That's very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Saga have advised that they will start contacting people who have pre-registered in early March.  There must be hundreds, if not thousands of us, so hopefully it won’t be too long before we hear from them.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, LandC said:

It’s unbelievably late, compared to other cruise lines.  I wonder if it’s got anything to do with the amalgamation of Saga and Titan? Just a thought. 

Could well be. But that does not help those of us predisposed to sail with Saga but concerned that early booking offers with other lines may well have ended before we know whether Saga will be offering cruises which suit our needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

Could well be. But that does not help those of us predisposed to sail with Saga but concerned that early booking offers with other lines may well have ended before we know whether Saga will be offering cruises which suit our needs.

I never thought of that... hope is not a clever ploy to make Saga look cheaper, as they will still be on early booking discounts when other lines have ended theirs.

We got the e-brochure last night. Departures from Portsmouth, Dover and Tilbury.  None from Southampton.  Several Baltic cruises under review, details of revised itineraries to be provided later.

3 hours ago, LandC said:

We got the e-brochure last night. Departures from Portsmouth, Dover and Tilbury.  None from Southampton.  Several Baltic cruises under review, details of revised itineraries to be provided later.

So did I, although I had not pre-registered! I suspect it is because I agreed to carry forward a substantial deposit I had paid on a 2022 cruise which they cancelled, and they want to hold onto my money. Now waiting for the river cruise brochure, must be imminent.

If you have pre-registered Saga will phone you and advise prices , which will depend on discounts available at the time.  Unfortunately it’s not possible to find out prices before then. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kenmure said:

We presume you mean 2021!

We registered 23 June and got ours on 4 March. Will let you know when we are contacted.

No, we paid our £180 for 2023 in September 2020.  A copy of the 2023 brochure has been posted on social media, but unfortunately there's nothing that tempts us.

1 minute ago, Wacktle said:

No, we paid our £180 for 2023 in September 2020.  A copy of the 2023 brochure has been posted on social media, but unfortunately there's nothing that tempts us.

No nothing to tempt me either..sadly.Guess I could forward the money for 2024?

We too are very disappointed with the relatively unadvanturous 2023 itineraries. Bring back the original Spirit of Adventure style, I say! - That was our favourite ship, bar none, not only because its size and traditional Saga hospitality was the very best, but also because it sailed the world rather than just the Med/Canaries. Despite the 'boutique' claim, the ships are now too big to allow genuinely new ports or areas to be explored. After such a long wait for the pandemic to begin allowing a return to travel, we'd been much looking forward to using our advanced registration - but apart from (too long/expensive) 78 days in South America and 28 days to New England (with not even an overnight in New York), there is nothing to attract us back. We'll also role over (again) and hope we live long enough to use it! Even though Saga has a 'no fly' policy, when a 78 day South American cruise is planned, what a shame a 'section' of the itinerary isn't permissible for those willing to fly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We, too, were original Spirit of Adventure people. We enjoyed some amazing, unforgettable itineraries on that ship, none of which involved days at sea on the Bay of Biscay. We had hoped that with 2 new ships, one of them may have some fly cruising opportunities further afield, for at least part of the year. Maybe this could happen if the South America cruise doesn’t sell that well and segments become available for those happy to fly? In the meantime we are looking at other companies.

• Like 3