The Daily for Thursday August 12, 2021

richwmn

Wrt the transfering of OBC and perks to other cruises, my situation was a little different.   I was booked in Dec 2020 for a 11 day Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam, which of course was cancelled.  My PCC contacted me and offered a cruise in January 2021.   I told her that chances are it would have to be cancelled again.   I asked her to rebook me for one around the same timeframe in 2021.   A day or so later, I get the new itinerary, but it’s now 10 days and $800 more.  I called and pointed this out, and she said to me “oh, but this one has more perks.   You are getting a beverage package, a dining package, prepaid svc charge and 10 dys Internet.”   So I told her I would call her back.   I sat and calculated it all out, comparing my original perks of prepaid svc package.  The increased amount I would have to pay would be more than if I just purchased these “perks” myself, plus the cruise was 1 day shorter.   I called her back and pointed all of this out and my new cruise is now $1900 cheaper than my original booking, and I get to keep the prepaid svc charges as the perk.     Hopefully this cruise actually happens.   One never knows what will happen these days.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

Wrt the transfering of OBC and perks to other cruises, my situation was a little different.   I was booked in Dec 2020 for a 11 day Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam, which of course was cancelled.  My PCC contacted me and offered a cruise in January 2021.   I told her that chances are it would have to be cancelled again.   I asked her to rebook me for one around the same timeframe in 2021.   A day or so later, I get the new itinerary, but it’s now 10 days and $800 more.  I called and pointed this out, and she said to me “oh, but this one has more perks.   You are getting a beverage package, a dining package, prepaid svc charge and 10 dys Internet.”   So I told her I would call her back.   I sat and calculated it all out, comparing my original perks of prepaid svc package.  The increased amount I would have to pay would be more than if I just purchased these “perks” myself, plus the cruise was 1 day shorter.   I called her back and pointed all of this out and my new cruise is now $1900 cheaper than my original booking, and I get to keep the prepaid svc charges as the perk.     Hopefully this cruise actually happens.   One never knows what will happen these days.  

Welcome to the Daily, @Evilmuffin.

Roy

• Like 1

@rafinmd   Thank you so much.   I just returned back to CC after a few years of being land bound.   My last cruise was 2016.   Moved from Europe back to Canada in 2017 and decided it’s time.   I am so looking forward to my upcoming cruises.   I met some excellent people during the cruises.   It will be my first time cruising solo.  But I have walked twice across the top of Spain by myself so I’m sure I will do fine.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Evilmuffin said:

Well hello & welcome! Love your CC “handle”!