Recent Majestic Princess passengers - Show times?

seacruise9

Hi, 

I am booked on a cruise on the Majestic Princess for this fall. I am currently trying to make dining reservations through the Medallion app. What are the typical times for the main shows each evening? I like attending the shows and want to make sure that my dining reservations don't conflict with the show times.

Also, do you have any idea how many passengers have been on the recent cruises? Is the ship sailing at reduced capacity? 

Thanks,

Chuck 

9 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

I am booked on a cruise on the Majestic Princess for this fall. I am currently trying to make dining reservations through the Medallion app. What are the typical times for the main shows each evening? I like attending the shows and want to make sure that my dining reservations don't conflict with the show times.

On the August 1st sailing, show times were 7:00 and 9:15 every night.

We had 5 pm dinner and started notifying our waitstaff that we had the show at 7:00 to speed dinner along a bit -- and they had no problem with that.  We wanted a bit of a break between dinner and the show instead of racing from one end of the ship to the other for the 7:00 show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Also, do you have any idea how many passengers have been on the recent cruises? Is the ship sailing at reduced capacity? 

Thanks,

Chuck 

Are you on one of the last Alaska sailings ? I think there have been ‘live from’ threads for the past sailings and they reported the number of passengers on board. I know the first sailing was at reduced capacity but it was reported capacity is being increased and will be close to 100% by September? I do not know if it has been reported they will change capacity after the ship finishes the Alaska season. My guess is the ship/Majestic will be sailing at full capacity by mid September if not earlier.

Edited by wallyj

Someone asked about the spa raffle. It was held at 6pm on embarkation day on Deck 17 in the gym. They gave away 2 $100 certificates and 2 $150 certificates.  They no longer give the paper certificates. They take your name and you head to the spa to use the certificate.  Still have to be present to win. 

2 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks,

Chuck 

If you book any of the identified Early and Late TD time slots, you should be able to make the evening entertainment.  Is it the main theater shows you are most concerned about? 

You might need to ask for faster service for the third time slot, but it has not been a problem for us before.  Perhaps early show was not as early as 7:00pm most nights.  That does seem early.

If you are not aware of the Early/Late published times, they are:

5:00, 5:20, 5:40

7:00, 7:20, 7:40

16 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

We were told that the Aug 1 sailing was at (I believe) 60%.  I believe they are ramping up a bit on each succeeding cruise, so it may very well be at 100% by the time the Majestic leaves Alaska.

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten on July 10. There were only 410 passengers on the cruise (on a ship that can hold over 2,000 passengers). It was incredibly spacious, but of course cruise lines can't afford to operate too many cruises at this occupancy level. This is why I asked about the occupancy level on the Majestic Princess. It sounds like it will be back to normal by the end of October.

Thanks, 

Chuck