Aug 15-22 On Allure - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

9 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Yes of course lol. It may be me being stupid but I just can’t figure out if there is one or two entrances on each side. To make matters worse, I’ve sailed on Oasis class ships several times but I can’t remember the lift set up 🙈

I think it depends on the Deck.  For the most part on the lower cabin decks and decks with public spaces, there are 2 entrances to each side of each set of elevators with at least one option to cross over to the other side of the elevator bank.  For most of the upper decks with mostly cabins, there is only one access to each side of the forward and after elevator bank but it varies by deck.  You'd really need to look at each deck and both the Forward and aft elevators to figure out how it would apply to you if it affects your cabin choice.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kirkwall said:

Can u get coffee at 6am in the windjamer  we are early bird people  coffee and gym

We are early birds and get coffee delivered at 6am. Fitness center requires masks until 8am so you may want to plan accordingly. We have our coffee on balcony and then walk the track to warm up before gym at 8

6 minutes ago, DeanD said:

I think it depends on the Deck.  For the most part on the lower cabin decks and decks with public spaces, there are 2 entrances to each side of each set of elevators with at least one option to cross over to the other side of the elevator bank.  For most of the upper decks with mostly cabins, there is only one access to each side of the forward and after elevator bank but it varies by deck.  You'd really need to look at each deck and both the Forward and aft elevators to figure out how it would apply to you if it affects your cabin choice.  

Thank you. I just assumed (yes I know the saying! 😁) the lift set up was the same on each deck that has cabins which is why the plans weren’t making much sense to me. I’ll take another look. 

Edited by CaroleC

On 8/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, fishpick said:

I don’t think they are doing any of the extras in the spa. Meaning usually when we get on we do the “free spa tour” where they try to sell all their magical cures - and we do it just so we can see the “sex pool” room and giggle like 8 year olds… and enter the free raffle. (If you never have done a spa tour, there is a couples room in the spa with a “love tub”…. Ergo the sex pool name)

we did it this time just to see if there would be the free raffle since fewer people would mean better odds. 
no tour and no raffle. They never once mentioned the sauna, the hot chair room or the sex pool… so while the spa is open for services for vaccinated guests I don’t think the add on packages for the extra facilities are available…

Hi fish.  I probably should have clarified - the steam room and sauna are in the men's locker room.  I don't know if they have either of these in the women's locker room (I'd assume so).  I've never used the ship's spa services, so this is news to me about the pool you mentioned.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:12 PM, kmcg8r said:

Also curious about Adventure Ocean if you have any way of finding out. If reservations are required (assume they still are), what are the time slots, how many slots can you reserve, are they filling up. Will have 3 and 4 yr old on 9/5 sailing. Thank you and have a great time!

Reservations are required on Allure this week. Hardly any children so not been a problem making reservations. Adventure ocean is open the usual hours.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, trafaelwyr said:

Hi fish.  I probably should have clarified - the steam room and sauna are in the men's locker room.  I don't know if they have either of these in the women's locker room (I'd assume so).  I've never used the ship's spa services, so this is news to me about the pool you mentioned.

Gotcha - just asked Brandon here in the gym and his answer is not on this cruise. I got the impression from him these things are decided cruise to cruise right now. 

added note - he did say if anyone purchases anything extra and it’s closed that cruise - the money is refunded to your onboard account and if you don’t spend it it’s refunded to your card at the end of the cruise.  

• Like 1