Panorama Itinerary Change 8/21 & 8/28

nlstigger

5 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Thanks for posting! I'll know to keep a watch for my cruise on 9/4.

We are on the 9/4 also, but this seems super minor... just swapping ports, which will likely have the back to back sea days up front and the last one at the end. 

6 minutes ago, CthyC said:

Day 1 Embarkation

Day 2 Sea Day

Day 2 Sea Day

Day 4 Puerta Vallarta 

Day 5 Mazatlan

Day 6 Cabo

Day 7  Sea Day

Day 8 Los Angeles

I'm wondering what that means for your 2nd elegant night. Typically elegant night would have been day 2 and day 6, but Cabo (on my 9/4 sailing) is 10am - 7pm.

All my ports in mexico have had masking requirements in place since cruising resumed. Mexico only beaches can take off mask or eating and drinking.

I dont see a change to masks required in ports. Even roatan which is a private carnival stop requires masks in the shopping port area. 

• Like 1

I hope they don't do this for our Oct sailing. I like PV last, like in the good old days. Get to spend more time in Cabo and PV. When they switch, we've been told that the times in port are shorter for these 2 ports. Guess we shall see!

• Like 1

These are the new port times listed in my planner.

Puerto Vallarta -8am - 8pm

Mazatlan 9am - 6pm

Cabo 7am - 5:45pm

I don’t have any excursions currently booked, so it doesn’t matter too much to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nlstigger said:

These are the new port times listed in my planner.

Puerto Vallarta -8am - 8pm

Mazatlan 9am - 6pm

Cabo 7am - 5:45pm

I don’t have any excursions currently booked, so it doesn’t matter too much to me.

Oh wow, that's not bad at all!! They usually revert to a short day in Cabo and a shorter day in PV. MZ always stays the same. I guess if they make a change on our cruise, it won't be bad then.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, tm_aw_love said:

We are on the 9/4 also, but this seems super minor... just swapping ports, which will likely have the back to back sea days up front and the last one at the end. 

Years ago this is the way the Mexican Riviera was run. Spend two days getting to PV and hitting ports on the way back with one day at sea day on the return.

• Like 2

Cabo on my planner says we leave port at 3:00 pm.  Last tender is around 1:30.

I hate they changed it.  I like Cabo first for the longer port stop.

5:45 was under my Cabo but that is the time for my time dining.  Mazatlan is 6:00, PV is 8:00.  You have to look at every stop.  5:45 was on all of mine as that is the my time dining time.

Candi

Edited by candigirl41
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, candigirl41 said:

Cabo on my planner says we leave port at 3:00 pm.  Last tender is around 1:30.

I hate they changed it.  I like Cabo first for the longer port stop.

5:45 was under my Cabo but that is the time for my time dining.  Mazatlan is 6:00, PV is 8:00.  You have to look at every stop.  5:45 was on all of mine as that is the my time dining time.

Candi

Shoot. I guess I did read it wrong. It says Cabo departs port at 3pm 💁🙃

CEF28E87-9F0F-473B-80E4-4A377CA95897.png

Edited by nlstigger

15 hours ago, glrounds said:

Years ago this is the way the Mexican Riviera was run. Spend two days getting to PV and hitting ports on the way back with one day at sea day on the return.

I have also done this itinerary in that reverse order also.

And hello from across the Colorado River, good to see another tri-state cruiser here.  

Yup, that's exactly what I was worried about, i.e., shortening the days when they change the itinerary order! I was told by an Engineer on the ship once that coming back against the current is what makes them change how long they stay in port, depending on the order of stops. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I was told.