RCCL Liberty of the Seas vs NCL Breakaway

nolatravelgirl

Has anyone been on both of these ships? We currently have the Breakaway booked for New Year's but they have extended the vaccine requirements till Dec 31. All the adults are vaccinated but the 11 year old is not. We hope kids are allowed vaccines soon but looking at contingencies. This seems like an older ship so not sure what to think. The Liberty would be more expensive since it doesn't have the included beverage package. 

Lol I've actually been on both of these ships. I liked the food better on breakaway, but who know now? I've been on liberty enough that of course I'm diamond and get 4 free drink vouchers a day so drinks dont affect my decision. So easy to hit diamond on rcl right now with double pts. Only need 80. 

I enjoyed both but more used to rcl. Breakaway had lobster at the buffet which was odd, but long lines to get it. But first time I've had my fill of lobster. So I'm sure was a one off when the ship was new.

Rcl feels like home to me so hard to give you a unbiased answer. I love the promenade on liberty though I prefer the bigger oasis or allure. You can see I have a ton of liberty booked lol.

I've cruised Liberty several times and Breakaway's newer sister, Escape.  All things considered, I like Liberty better.  While still busy, it feels far less crowded, and there is a lot more elbow room on the upper pool decks.  Those Breakaway Class ships are by far the most crowded and chaotic ships I've ever sailed.

I also like Liberty's entertainment better.  Hopefully they're still doing Saturday Night Fever.  The ice show in Studio B is fantastic.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, nolatravelgirl said:

Has anyone been on both of these ships? We currently have the Breakaway booked for New Year's but they have extended the vaccine requirements till Dec 31. All the adults are vaccinated but the 11 year old is not. We hope kids are allowed vaccines soon but looking at contingencies. This seems like an older ship so not sure what to think. The Liberty would be more expensive since it doesn't have the included beverage package. 

At this juncture in time, with the current protocols it would seem that sailing on the Liberty would make the most sense. For the time being, your child is excluded from the vaccination requirent on RCL. As far as future protocols up until Dec 31, it's hard to imaging that any cruise lines protocols are going to being less restrictive