Anyone able to get onto the Virgin Voyages app?

sid_9169

For the past couple of days the Virgin Voyages app has seemed to be completely down. Uninstalled / reinstalled. Logged in / logged out, ect... Nothing. I'm coming up to my 45 days prior to sailing soon, and I want to book my dining immediately. Will they allow you to call in to customer service to do this? I want to try and get online right at midnight, but obviously customer service will be closed...

Screenshot_20210819-094521.png

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling again and nothing. Tried to call customer service and they're on a seriously long wait time. I'm going to be angry as heck if I'm unable to secure the dining venues that I want...

Been broken for me since yesterday afternoon. I haven’t had any problems with the App until then. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck. I’m guessing it may have had to do with the Key West to Nassau itinerary change. I have an IPhone. 

It happens when you are on board as well unfortunately. My wife was unable to access and use the app on her apple phone after day 1. Thinking about it, I was unable to use mine until day 2. Hmmm Coincidence?

I'm just wondering how they expect passengers to rely 100% on an app for everything, but it doesn't work most of the time... Every other cruise line let's you do your entire online check in online. I know they're trying to be innovative, but if it doesn't work, your out of luck. I called this morning to inquire about making dining reservations at the 45 day mark (which is in 2 days for me) and they said that they are working on it, and they "will let me know" when reservations become available... 

59 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm just wondering how they expect passengers to rely 100% on an app for everything, but it doesn't work most of the time... Every other cruise line let's you do your entire online check in online. I know they're trying to be innovative, but if it doesn't work, your out of luck. I called this morning to inquire about making dining reservations at the 45 day mark (which is in 2 days for me) and they said that they are working on it, and they "will let me know" when reservations become available... 

Their Reps are only trained to be upbeat and everything is coming up daisies... The app is  a piece of garbage...Don't believe anything the reps say regarding it working soon, or they have a few bugs-They have no clue..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garymfreedman said:

Their Reps are only trained to be upbeat and everything is coming up daisies... The app is  a piece of garbage...Don't believe anything the reps say regarding it working soon, or they have a few bugs-They have no clue..

I agree 100%... I also mentioned my frustration with the Sea Blazers program. They've had my money for almost two years now, and been cancelled on seven times, I'm not eligible for the Sea Blazers because my upcoming cruise was a prize in the Shipload of Love contest...

43 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I agree 100%... I also mentioned my frustration with the Sea Blazers program. They've had my money for almost two years now, and been cancelled on seven times, I'm not eligible for the Sea Blazers because my upcoming cruise was a prize in the Shipload of Love contest...

They have done a terrible job explaining/rolling out sea blazers, IMHO...

• Like 1

46 days out from sailing, and I'm supposed to be able to make dinner reservations at 45... Only problem is, the piece of junk app doesn't work, so I guess that I'm winging it once on board. Every single thing about this cruise line has been crap so far...

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

46 days out from sailing, and I'm supposed to be able to make dinner reservations at 45... Only problem is, the piece of junk app doesn't work, so I guess that I'm winging it once on board. Every single thing about this cruise line has been crap so far...

That is because the app is a piece of garbage. You can contact sailor services and they will book things for you.. Every chance anyone gets they should let VV know what they think of the piece of crap app-1 star ratings in app store to start..Dissing it on social media helps.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Quacks the Cruiser said:

I wouldn’t worry - we got on 40 days in advance solely because we found out via these forums! However having booked all our shows, we’ve now had 3 messages cancelling them all. The last two cancellations were yesterday and today and we leave tomorrow! Not good enough Virgin 🤬

9BFB5227-AE77-4511-B625-1D4A05C8CB9E.png

I'm guessing that is something to do with Branson deciding this sailing was going to be part chartered and have you leaving Portsmouth on Tuesday instead of Monday. People book to go on a cruise and be at sea, not miss the sail out and get charged VAT for 2 days on purchases.

Is that how it panned out? What I read, suggested public areas of the ship were blocked off to "normal" guests.

So I am 60 days out-And the app under SHIP, shows all the restaurants, and an option to book times. But everything says no booking required-Even if I say multiple people and pick a popular dinner time.

Also does not show specific shows.. I am supposed to be able to book dinner and entertainment... Everyone have that issue?

I emailed customer service / tech support and got this response:

“Thanks for contacting Sailor Services. Our Crew is currently working on getting the Sailor App in ship shape for our upcoming voyages out of Miami. At this time, if you have any questions or need assistance with your booking, feel free to give us a ring at 954-488-2955 so that our Crew can assist.

We thank you so much for your patience and understanding.”

5 hours ago, greenenvy said:

I emailed customer service / tech support and got this response:

“Thanks for contacting Sailor Services. Our Crew is currently working on getting the Sailor App in ship shape for our upcoming voyages out of Miami. At this time, if you have any questions or need assistance with your booking, feel free to give us a ring at 954-488-2955 so that our Crew can assist.

We thank you so much for your patience and understanding.”

THEY HAVE HAD AN EXTRA YEAR TO GET THE APP READY.. They are so full of it!!!! Fire the entire app team I say..

• Like 1