Anyone able to get onto the Virgin Voyages app?

sid_9169

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Check in time is at the very top above the other check in area. I think that was the very first thing I did prior to any of the other stuff.

I don't see it on my app interface. Am I missing something or is it just not available to me? I did just book today so I'm wondering if it's because I'm booking so late?

242271871_914548662777421_3575729892656806281_n.jpg

1 hour ago, HaleyAtSea said:

I don't see it on my app interface. Am I missing something or is it just not available to me? I did just book today so I'm wondering if it's because I'm booking so late?

242271871_914548662777421_3575729892656806281_n.jpg

PHOTO, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS,PAYMENT METHOD,VOYAGE CONTRACT, EMERGENCY CONTACT.

Wow, i only have 6 things... and the sign the voyage well form

11 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

PHOTO, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS,PAYMENT METHOD,VOYAGE CONTRACT, EMERGENCY CONTACT.

Wow, i only have 6 things... and the sign the voyage well form

Ah okay, weird! The last step is to "step aboard" so my guess is that its a glitch! Our travel agent spoke with them today and they confirmed that the app is glitching with not providing boarding times, so we don't have one yet and are to just arrive around 12-1 pm at port.

Also, for anyone wondering, they confirmed that testing WILL be available at the port.

46 minutes ago, Bruce4fun said:

App is terrible, have deleted and reinstalled. It crashes, cannot book restaurants. Depart in 45 days.
It is 100% useless. Virgin WAKE UP!

Forty five days became fifteen days for my October 6th cruise... You'll likely have to wait a bit longer...

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Forty five days became fifteen days for my October 6th cruise... You'll likely have to wait a bit longer...

Don't go by any timeline their website says-They are making things up as they go.

I ship out Oct 24th and was just able to finish booking dinner-Only because Rockstar support booked my last dinner, the app wouldn't let me. I am working on a long list of issues they have with their app, including issue of going back and forth bewteen menues to manage dinner and events, including events you can book now(for my cruise) and events you have to book on board. There is no way to book things to ensure you have no conflicts since you can't book everything now-VERY CONVOLUTED..

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 11:59 AM, sid_9169 said:

I called them yesterday, after 1 1/2 hours on hold, the person at the offshore call center tells me they are not making any advance reservations. All reservations will be on the ship. She also noted it is only 62% full? I don't know where she came up with that, but I don't believe a WORD Virgin says. Hold time, unacceptable. Information given(not accurate), unacceptable.

Horrible and non existent customer service. VIRGIN FAIL!

Edited by Bruce4fun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce4fun said:

I called them yesterday, after 1 1/2 hours on hold, the person at the offshore call center tells me they are not making any advance reservations. All reservations will be on the ship. She also noted it is only 62% full? I don't know where she came up with that, but I don't believe a WORD Virgin says. Hold time, unacceptable. Information given(not accurate), unacceptable.

I agree with all of this... After seven different cancellations, I've spent probably forty total hours on the phone with them or on hold. Almost everything they've ever told me has not turned out to be true...

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I agree with all of this... After seven different cancellations, I've spent probably forty total hours on the phone with them or on hold. Almost everything they've ever told me has not turned out to be true...

Hence the reason to have a Travel Agent-Which you don't typically pay for-They get commission. My Travel Agent deals with thee hassels

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, garymfreedman said:

Hence the reason to have a Travel Agent-Which you don't typically pay for-They get commission. My Travel Agent deals with thee hassels

Even as a TA this has been a nightmare. I have been trying for the last three days to get on the app with no luck what so ever. Granted I don't go out till 12/1 but I would like to see if there is anything else I need to finish up.

• Like 3

So i'm not going until March - but I like to be prepared - everything was working except for my passport it was saying I needed a visa - My wife's worked fine - I filled out the email form on the website (which seems to be limited to like 140 characters LOL)

They got back to me to say oh my citizenship is correct so maybe its an issue with my passport - well I went back into the app deleted the photo and re-did and guess what it worked.

I had started the process back in March/April of this year - when they were still having app issues - I'm guessing it was an underlying profile issue but who knows - now we just wait 🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pl281 said:

So i'm not going until March - but I like to be prepared - everything was working except for my passport it was saying I needed a visa - My wife's worked fine - I filled out the email form on the website (which seems to be limited to like 140 characters LOL)

They got back to me to say oh my citizenship is correct so maybe its an issue with my passport - well I went back into the app deleted the photo and re-did and guess what it worked.

I had started the process back in March/April of this year - when they were still having app issues - I'm guessing it was an underlying profile issue but who knows - now we just wait 🙂

"still having app issues" is still the norm for VV-The app is still a piece of garbage... Any other company that had an app like VV would have been out of business.  There is no excuse for them to still be having app issues. They should have been debugging it even more during 2020 with no sailings..

Also, every time (4) my voyage got cancelled and I had to rebook,  I had to do everything in the app over again-It should have retained what I entered. The only time it stayed was when I just changed the dates of my voyage from April 2022 to this month---

Edited by garymfreedman
because i
  • Like 1

Just checked with some other travel agents and they have said they had to uninstall the app and reinstall and then it worked. Another one said they have done that several times and it will work awhile and then quit. Gee - I think we have all dealt with that.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:11 PM, Bruce4fun said:

Virgin sent email today Restaurants will only be available to book 15 days out. Entertainment cannot be prebooked, only onboard the ship....typical disorganization and conflicting information from top to bottom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruce4fun said:

Virgin sent email today Restaurants will only be available to book 15 days out. Entertainment cannot be prebooked, only onboard the ship....typical disorganization and conflicting information from top to bottom

They can't even keep theri FAQ updated... Entertainment and shows was also supposed to be open for booking before the cruise, but they changed it-And DID NOT TELL THEIR SAILORS..

They are incompetent..

reservations.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, what do you know... I board the ship tomorrow, and the app isn't working again... I hate to board the ship angry, but they're not giving me much choice at this point.

Hi there Sid, did they give you any information about a Covid test prior to boarding? Either one you take before arrival, or one taken

at boarding?

5 hours ago, Bruce4fun said:

Hi there Sid, did they give you any information about a Covid test prior to boarding? Either one you take before arrival, or one taken

at boarding?

They claim that we'll do it at the port prior to boarding... We'll find out tomorrow.

We were on the Friends and Family two night cruise a few days ago. Yes, everyone takes an antigen test at terminal G and you wait for the results there before boarding. No cost. AMAZING SHIP! 

Ugh, this app is the worst thing I've ever encountered! Hubby and I are sailing 10/24 and I've just deleted and reinstalled the app for I think the 5th time. Once again, it's telling me it doesn't recognize my email address (the one where they send me emails every other day) so I guess I'll just keep trying the same email and password over and over until it lets me in, which it's done on all my other reinstalls. This is nonsense! If they're going to make their sailings so app-centric, they could at least make an app that works! 

• Like 1

So glad I read this thread before sinking any more time into trying to make dining reservations on it for my 11/7 sailing! The time selection shows, but no time buttons appear for any restaurants once it loads them. When you click a restaurant it just says "sold out".  Guess I will set a 15 day reminder.

48 minutes ago, ociana said:

So glad I read this thread before sinking any more time into trying to make dining reservations on it for my 11/7 sailing! The time selection shows, but no time buttons appear for any restaurants once it loads them. When you click a restaurant it just says "sold out".  Guess I will set a 15 day reminder.

I wouldn't even count on 15 days necessarily. You can try earlier I was able to book one day and then the next day and then a day later another day and then I had to have Sailor Services book my fourth day because it just wasn't opening up. As noted in previous post their app is a piece of garbage and they don't communicate with thier Sailors is at all

• Like 1

Just got a new phone, which downloaded new apps, and the VV app STILL does not work!!- Worlds biggest piece of garbage.. Thankfully, @sid_9169says the voyage will be worth it!!!.

I see the app has 2 stars in the IOS STORE-THAT IS TWO STARS TOO MANY.. And obviously VV does not care, otherwise they would have fixed the issues...

I did delete and re-download the app again( for the umpteenth time since last year), it is working..

Edited by garymfreedman
update
  • Like 1