Wondering about refunds w/ required Covid testing

Banditswife

I am just curious if the cruise lines would refund your money if 1 or more of you test positive in the 3 day prior required test.  Or if you cannot find available testing site, or results back in time.  3 days prior to cruise... a bunch of $$ has already been pd.  We are vaccinated,  are well, but worry about false positives.

4 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I am just curious if the cruise lines would refund your money if 1 or more of you test positive in the 3 day prior required test.  Or if you cannot find available testing site, or results back in time.  3 days prior to cruise... a bunch of $$ has already been pd.  We are vaccinated,  are well, but worry about false positives.

Each cruise line sets its own policies. If you're interested in getting an answer about a specific cruise line you should ask the question on that cruise line's board as well as check the cruise line's website as these policies are often spelled out there.

Good focused responses might be had at the appropriate cruise line board, and of course checking the cruise line website is crucial for official information.  If the OP is already booked on a particular cruise, the suggestions so far are very sound.

Someone like me, though, who is curious about the state of the cruise industry and the effectiveness and enforcement of policies, would love to hear about actual experiences for the sake of general conversation and comparison among the different lines.  Has anyone (or acquaintance or family member) that booked a cruise not been able to get the test performed, or didn't get results back in time?  From problems and close calls discussed on other threads, this seems like a real possibility.  I would like to know what people are doing in that situation, and how the companies are handling as I make decisions on when I might book my next cruise.

Hopefully this is in line with the OP, but gets us past the important and necessary (and already offered) advice of "check a specific board or the website".

• Like 1