Shore excursion sale on 2022 cruise but not on 2021 cruise???

MarkWiltonM

I got an email from Celebrity offering 20 percent off select shore excursions on an April 2022 cruise on Millennium. I also got an email a few weeks back pushing specialty dining on that cruise. Meanwhile, I have an Equinox cruise scheduled for November 19, 2021, and I have not been offered any discounts for that cruise.  Both are Caribbean cruises. Just curious what it is about that 2022 cruise that has them marketing it over the one coming up shortly.

34 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I got an email from Celebrity offering 20 percent off select shore excursions on an April 2022 cruise on Millennium. I also got an email a few weeks back pushing specialty dining on that cruise. Meanwhile, I have an Equinox cruise scheduled for November 19, 2021, and I have not been offered any discounts for that cruise.  Both are Caribbean cruises. Just curious what it is about that 2022 cruise that has them marketing it over the one coming up shortly.

I keep getting offers and when I follow up to take advantage they have a reason why I can’t have it. So who knows why one over the other. Maybe others will have more insight.

7 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Since your November 19, 2021 cruise includes Thanksgiving, could that be a factor in no discounts on excursions or specialty restaurants?  It seems that holiday cruises tend to have fewer discounts available.

Exactly. Holiday cruises typically have higher prices on things like specialty dining. This year may be slightly different due to the current environment but I wouldn't count on it. If people are willing to pay...

4 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

New to Celebrity- is this a rare sale or something that comes up regularly? 

If you are signed up for Celebrity's promotional emails, you will get offers for discounted shore excursions occasionally.

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We are on the Millennium Panama Canal   (April 18, 2022)  No discounts on the cruise planner