minimum bid for upgrade

momrox1

Good morning!  I'm within 21 days of my cruise and the window has just opened to bid for an upgrade.  The minimum bid is more than I want to bid as a single (because they double it).  Is there a way to bid less than the minimum manually, or does the minimum bid ever change to a lower bid as the cruise gets closer ?  Thanks!

You cannot bid lower than minimum bid.  To be honest, only a very few lucky people get minimum bids accepted.  Usually,  mid price range and up will be most successful.  Since ships are sailing with less passengers right now, I really don’t know how things will play out for the future.  No harm in trying your bid, just don’t be disappointed.  Good luck!

If you are interested in upgrading, call them up and see if something is available. There are times the actual cost of upgrading is less than the minimum move-up bid. Plus, you get to choose your room and get all additional perks if any). If you are interested in a suite, be sure to call the Retreat line and speak to a Concierge to minimize your wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

If you are interested in upgrading, call them up and see if something is available. There are times the actual cost of upgrading is less than the minimum move-up bid. Plus, you get to choose your room and get all additional perks if any). If you are interested in a suite, be sure to call the Retreat line and speak to a Concierge to minimize your wait. 

I did this and it came out much cheaper. However, I went on line to my TA site and did a fake booking. Then when it was cheaper & with perks I knew what cabin I wanted as it was available. I called my TA gave him the info & he changed the cabin and category. That saved me over $400 total. If I Moved Up it would have cost me $400

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, Lady Arwen said:

To be honest, only a very few lucky people get minimum bids accepted.  Usually,  mid price range and up will be most successful.  

I got lucky!  I bid the minimum 0f $250 as a single (which they double) and got upgraded from an inside to a veranda!  And since I'm travelling with friends in a different cabin my TA was able to call Celebrity and move me closer to them which resulted in a larger balcony stateroom.  I saved significantly on the price of a balcony even with the sale that was ongoing.  5 more days!

• Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 11:15 AM, DCPIV said:

Thats what I did with my upcoming cruise on the Edge.  Min bid to upgrade to Retreat was around $900 pp ( was already Aqua)(x I am solo, so I called and got the same upgrade for $400.less.Plus I got my choice of cabin location.   So always check  before bidding on a move up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momrox1 said:

I got lucky!  I bid the minimum 0f $250 as a single (which they double) and got upgraded from an inside to a veranda!  And since I'm travelling with friends in a different cabin my TA was able to call Celebrity and move me closer to them which resulted in a larger balcony stateroom.  I saved significantly on the price of a balcony even with the sale that was ongoing.  5 more days!

Happy to read it worked out.