Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

8 hours ago, bundtkate said:

So I have myself a headscratcher. We are departing on the Joy on Sunday and I have 3 bids in. Two are pending and seemingly will allow me to update my bid. The third is also pending but will not let me update my bid. I recently got the "you didn't win anything, but maybe you will onboard!" email. The category the unchangeable bid is for is sold out and went to live bidding (which I did not participate in) last week. It's also just a min bid. I'd be very surprised if I won, but an odd set of circumstances to be sure.

Go back to the let's get you upgraded email and you will find the unchangeable bids new live bidding enter an amount box.

Now that it's live you cannot win with your old bid. It's live because many bids on it. If you look it will tell you how many bidders there are.

I have won both live and regular bids.

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Go back to the let's get you upgraded email and you will find the unchangeable bids new live bidding enter an amount box.

Nope, live bidding is done so it's just down with the canceled bids, but says pending instead of canceled and can't be changed. Honest, probably an IT issue and it is canceled since live bidding is done, but I guess I can't be totally sure so there's a non-zero chance it's something else.

Edited by bundtkate

41 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

Nope, live bidding is done so it's just down with the canceled bids, but says pending instead of canceled and can't be changed. Honest, probably an IT issue and it is canceled since live bidding is done, but I guess I can't be totally sure so there's a non-zero chance it's something else.

Really???

Live bidding was over for me as well and one was pending. Several hours later I won it.

That's probably a good thing. Hope you get it.

So I am sailing soon, and they said we dont have to worry about going live on my bids when i called in, there is only a few rooms left, but suprising not many bids have come in, and the lady i spoke to said while they are now locked out, ncl did it to have bids and let someone win atleast 1 of the haven, they require a certain amount of bids for the option of live bids, and they are not even a quarter of the required bid amounts. 

Edited by IvanNH
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, Tee0213 said:

Watching these cabins like a hawk, looking to score an upgrade from my Balcony - either via direct upgrade or Bidding for the upgrade.  Sailing out on the Joy on Dec 18 - we are 22 days out. Check ins begin tomorrow and still not completely sold out on really anything from what I see excluding some Haven Categories and Oceanview for more than 2 ppl. I have bids on everything above PH Suite w/ Balcony -  all at mid tier.  It's my first time cruising so wondering Is it normal for a sailing to still be pretty much available room wise this close to sailing? 

Checked my email today to see the beautiful words I've been waiting for

"You've Been Awarded An Upgrade Advantage!" - didn't get my Haven but happy to go from Balcony to PH suite - offered 350/pp. No too shabby!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, IvanNH said:

So I am sailing soon, and they said we dont have to worry about going live on my bids when i called in, there is only a few rooms left, but suprising not many bids have come in, and the lady i spoke to said while they are now locked out, ncl did it to have bids and let someone win atleast 1 of the haven, they require a certain amount of bids for the option of live bids, and they are not even a quarter of the required bid amounts. 

I have to call BS on that.

They have no way of knowing any of that info.

Someone was just trying to get you off the phone.

They want to sell Haven at ticket price, not discount pricing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have to call BS on that.

They have no way of knowing any of that info.

Someone was just trying to get you off the phone.

They want to sell Haven at ticket price, not discount pricing.

Yes I agree NCL doesn’t handle the bidding it’s upgrade advantage their third party system so calling NCL and asking on whether upgrades are being processed and if they are going live etc they wouldn’t know

• Like 2

Two of our CC friends currently en route to Barcelona, Spain ... 2 days early ... for the GEM's 14 night T/A across to disembark in NY ... they successfully bidded from their OV to Balcony for less than $100 p/p - upgraded almost 3 weeks ago (not a mistake ... toward the middle of November, that's quite early).  Their independent T/A booked their flights separately and apart from the cruise.  

There are still OV and Balconies available for new bookings (as of yesterday) at rather reasonable rates.  Club Balcony and other higher tiers, apparently, all filled and listed as sold out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Cruisers on Getaway 1/8/23 12-night sailing are reporting inside to balcony bids already awarded today.

One noted they bid 150 per person on a $75 pp minimum (the other did not indicate their bid)

Interesting. I had bids on Haven cabins on that cruise. The price of the Haven came way down to the point my bid was the same as just booking, which I did 

• Like 3

Just got our upgrade to an HE Haven on 17 from an HI on 15, only $400 PP so still about $800 PP cheaper than upgrading direct with NCL.

Kinda wished we would have kept it, but was slightly worried about the noise from the pool deck above, especially with a Mexico/warm weather cruise.

• Like 4

Wondering what percentage of people actually bid on Havens...based on my particular cruise there are about 1600 cabins that could potentially bid on a Haven room---and there are currently 32 left for a cruise past the final pay date. I guess there is no way to know!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, asmit4 said:

Wondering what percentage of people actually bid on Havens...based on my particular cruise there are about 1600 cabins that could potentially bid on a Haven room---and there are currently 32 left for a cruise past the final pay date. I guess there is no way to know!

If you go to live bidding you do know.

On my 21 night cruise this past October we went live.

It tells you how many bidders.

Top Haven had 31 bidders.

Middle Haven's 117-134 bidders.

Spa Haven's 34

That's for 8 categories I think. We had about 20 two weeks before sailing available.

Crazy bids. I was over $5k per person on several. I did win the spa haven .

• Like 1

Just an FYI, I had a Club Balcony room on the Joy for Dec 18th cruise to Mexico and bid on nearly everything Haven... all in the mid tear of bids...  Then last minute when I saw that they were discounting the Penthouse Suite with Balcony (SC) rooms. I knew they were not Haven, nor had many perks other then a larger room so I threw a low ball bid on there of the minimum, and 2 days later I got the bid.

When I looked there where very few Haven rooms left so that motivated me to bid on the non haven upgrade, and it worked.. or back fired.. I'll never know... but We did get an upgrade, and we will enjoy or short jaunt down to Cabo and back 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LWAnthony said:

Just an FYI, I had a Club Balcony room on the Joy for Dec 18th cruise to Mexico and bid on nearly everything Haven... all in the mid tear of bids...  Then last minute when I saw that they were discounting the Penthouse Suite with Balcony (SC) rooms. I knew they were not Haven, nor had many perks other then a larger room so I threw a low ball bid on there of the minimum, and 2 days later I got the bid.

When I looked there where very few Haven rooms left so that motivated me to bid on the non haven upgrade, and it worked.. or back fired.. I'll never know... but We did get an upgrade, and we will enjoy or short jaunt down to Cabo and back 🙂 

Congrats!  My family is cruising on this sailing as well.  We are currently in a Family Inside Suite (SP).  I have multiple bids in for the Haven.  They all still say "pending".

My I ask what date you put in the bid and when did you get the "Accepted" offer?

If I don't get the haven upgrade, I will still be happy with my room.  Last time we sailed with NCL (before the pandemic), we had a Haven 2-Bedroom and it was great and a reasonable price for my family of 4, but now, it seems that the prices have gone way up!

Hope you enjoy your cruise and possibly see you on board!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LWAnthony said:

I did the same for this sailing. Had a Balcony room - bid just a tad over min for the PH Suite as a Jic...placed mid bets on the Haven - ended up getting the PH (SC) as well! It's my first cruise so ill take what I can get.  

• Like 4

As a reminder when bidding.....

Don't forget to go back and do a mock booking on the cabin you are bidding on. On some cruises (ours) the price of a Haven cabin with the price drop was the same as my middle of the road bid

• Like 3

Just got the notice a couple days ago that our Oceanview room on the Gem for the Jan 16 sailing has been upgraded to a balcony club mini-suite for the rock-bottom bid of $125 pp. We're pretty stoked!

FWIW this cruise is still being offered at $399 base rate for 9 days so it is *clearly* not very popular, lol.

• Like 4

Well on our last cruise on the Escape we bid and we didn't even get a notice whether our bids were accepted or not in fact we had to go to the guest service desk to ask if we were upgraded they told us NO so we kept our Balcony. We, later found out that our cruise was not full ( we noticed) and that there was a lot of rooms available in the Haven, needless to say we were disappointed, we also found out they also had spa balconies available and we bid for that too. We wondered why they didn't accept our bids and why guest services didn't allow us to move up and pay the difference, we found that bizarre.

Last but not least, we got Covid, we had some symptoms on board very very mild  by the end of the cruise but when we got home we tested positive, we are both doing well. 

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

Could have been a staffing issue, could have been someone just screwed up. I was on the Escape with a number of open Haven cabins. On the second day they had some sort of raffle you could buy and win the cabins. I think they had 3 to give away. Three couples won a Haven cabin for $25  LOL

They even had the crew help move them

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Could have been a staffing issue, could have been someone just screwed up. I was on the Escape with a number of open Haven cabins. On the second day they had some sort of raffle you could buy and win the cabins. I think they had 3 to give away. Three couples won a Haven cabin for $25  LOL

I would lose my mind if that happened to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

oh wow how nice.