CVS Testing Options - Confused

Blauelini

Trying to book two appoints for rapid antigen test at our local CVS. They have two options to choose from...

1. PCR / NAAT 

2. Rapid test result

Which one is the antigen? I thought PCR / NAAT were two different things but on the CVS site, they are combined as one option with rapid test result the second option. Don't want to book the wrong one prior to embarkation day. Thanks

9 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Trying to book two appoints for rapid antigen test at our local CVS. They have two options to choose from...

1. PCR / NAAT 

2. Rapid test result

Which one is the antigen? I thought PCR / NAAT were two different things but on the CVS site, they are combined as one option with rapid test result the second option. Don't want to book the wrong one prior to embarkation day. Thanks

I see the CVS rapid test described as “Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)”. 

Since it says “antigen” is it an approved one for Royal Caribbean?

4 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

I see the CVS rapid test described as “Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)”. 

Since it says “antigen” is it an approved one for Royal Caribbean?

I just got back from a cruise (FOTS) and they accepted my rapid antigen test from my urgent care facility. It was free of charge and I got my results in 2 hours. 

1 minute ago, Venicegal said:

Will Royal accept the PCR/NAAT test? I keep reading different things. Thanks!

They will for adults.  I'm not sure if it qualifies for the kids though.  I believe PCR is a type of NAAT test but NAAT does not equal a PCR. The kids have to have a PCR test per the requirements.

Just now, Venicegal said:

Thanks! We're not traveling with kids so I guess we're  ok.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

They lump PCR and NAAT together in that link. There's a section about the Abbott tests later on and they specifically call out the Abbott ID-NOW test as being acceptable. I took that one at Walgreens for my cruise on Allure last week and it was accepted.

I have the PCR/NAAT at CVS scheduled for tomorrow morning then the the ID NOW at Walgreens in the afternoon. I also ordered the home test from eMed.  I'm so afraid that we are going to fly to Seattle from Florida and find out that we did the wrong test. 

44 minutes ago, Venicegal said:

I have the PCR/NAAT at CVS scheduled for tomorrow morning then the the ID NOW at Walgreens in the afternoon. I also ordered the home test from eMed.  I'm so afraid that we are going to fly to Seattle from Florida and find out that we did the wrong test. 

This is why you get a backup Plan.  Thank goodness we bought the six pack!!

http://www.cvs.com/bizcontent/email/images/mc_logo_updated.png

Visit canceled.

Hi Daniel McCarthy,

Your visit at MinuteClinic located at:

111 AUBURN ST. PORTLAND, ME 04103-2103

has been canceled.

Thank you,
MinuteClinic

2 hours ago, Venicegal said:

We did the CVS rapid test (I thought it also said NAAT). I printed out the results and it was accepted without problem. I wanted to know my results before flying to Seattle from Florida too. 

3 hours ago, Venicegal said:

I did the same before my cruise. I had the PCR scheduled as soon as it became available. Then scheduled the rapid tests when those schedules opened up. Fortunately the first test I actually took had zero issues and I had my results before the other one was scheduled later in the day so I was able to free up my appointment for someone else and breathe easier.