Cancelled Royal Princess Cruises

Sailaway John

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what , if anything, happens if when your cruise is cancelled and Princess gives you a "Recommended Alternate Cruise", do you have to take one they offer or can you take one going anywhere. I read that if you take their recommended cruise they move everything over that was originally booked together with all perks and extras. Would this happen if you did a cruise other than their "recommended cruises".

If you take the equivalent replacement cruise, the price is locked in and all other benefits/promotions are carried over.

If you don't take the equivalent cruise you either seek a refund or take the FCC option. No previous perks carry over. 

This happened to us and when I called was told you have to take the replacement cruise and select that option through the online form in order to get the price protection. The new cruise as well as other dates for the same itinerary are selling for at least 50% more than we paid so we are sticking with the replacement to get our good price. You can really tell that they are bumping up the prices to account for the extra FCC they were giving out last year; I'm doing whatever I can to protect mine.

12 minutes ago, calwriter said:

On the phone with my TA now: Princess' "protected" alternate is $800 more!!  So much for protection!! AND I have to pay yet another deposit!! *****

Call back; if you're taking their replacement cruise and not a different one of your own choosing, you are protected with no additional cash and all perks/pricing protected, unless you're switching cruises or upgrading.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Call back; if you're taking their replacement cruise and not a different one of your own choosing, you are protected with no additional cash and all perks/pricing protected, unless you're switching cruises or upgrading.

On the cruises that switched from the Sapphire to the Royal those who were in Vista suites aft are being moved to Premium suites in the bow since the Royal has no Vista suites and the only aft suites are a whole different class and way more expensive