Linked Cruise Question

saltshell

7 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Rebooked cancelled cruise to existing cruise. PCC linked the 2. What happens when the first leg is completed? I have the same cabin for both legs. Do I check in for both singularly or together? How does reboarding work? Thanks.

You mean you are on a B2B cruise.  It’s a very smooth process.

when you check in for the first leg (segment), they know you are staying on for the 2nd.  So, just one check in.

Your first segment bill is charged to your C/C at the end of it and the 2nd segment at the end of it.

As far as re-boarding - it’s turnaround day for you.  There is no embarkation.  You will get a special card so that you skip that line and just go through security.  You will receive instructions in your cabin.

If your turnaround day is in Florida, then you will either a) have to disembark the ship or b) go to a special area that HAL will advise so they can bring the ship to a 0 count.  After that you can stay on the ship if you like.

For most other ports that is a non issue and it’s just another port day for people on a B2B/Collectors’ cruise.

• Like 2

You have two different booking numbers, correct? If so, you will be notified a day or two prior to the end of your first cruise with directions. Probably will include a new card. You shouldn't have to do anything else, except whatever the port requires to clear the ship.

Have there been any reports back yet of how the COVID testing is being handled on the B2Bs?   For instance, if one were to be fickle and decide to tack on a fabulous UK itinerary onto an already booked Norway cruise, would they test at the changeover point, since those joining the second cruise "fresh" would have had to have been tested within two days?  And then for those who booked the whole enchilada together, would those folks be tested at the changeover point and possibly have to quarantine or disembark, perhaps receive credit for the unused cruise portion?

I haven't seen this discussed.  Perhaps it has been and I missed it.  

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Have there been any reports back yet of how the COVID testing is being handled on the B2Bs?   For instance, if one were to be fickle and decide to tack on a fabulous UK itinerary onto an already booked Norway cruise, would they test at the changeover point, since those joining the second cruise "fresh" would have had to have been tested within two days?  And then for those who booked the whole enchilada together, would those folks be tested at the changeover point and possibly have to quarantine or disembark, perhaps receive credit for the unused cruise portion?

I haven't seen this discussed.  Perhaps it has been and I missed it.  

It has been discussed. The ships have been doing testing at about Day 5 for those that need testing for flights home, as well as for the B2B.

• Thanks 1

On our B2B in Alaska this season, there was no covid testing required between the two cruises; the port of Seattle didn't require us to exit the ship then reboard.  From what two other passengers told me who were from Canada and apparently needed a covid test to return to Canada, I think, they were to be disembarked completely, then tested either in the terminal or quite nearby--it was being taken care of whatever exactly they were doing for the Canadians.  I don't know about Europe.  Apparently re what happens between cruises, it depends on what the port requires, so that's why there are differences.