January Caribbean Cruises Cancelled

I am guessing Marella have been frightened off Jamaica.  Maybe Explorer 2 will go to a safe place like the Canaries.

I also had an information email from Marella regarding my transatlantic cruise from Barbados next April. So that one would appear to be going ahead.

I had a couple of phone calls on my mobile phone from Marella, which I missed, to sort out my cancelled January cruise.

I had decided I didn't want to risk another Caribbean cruise just yet so I searched on their website and found a nice 2 week cruise next summer departing from Corfu around Greek Islands and the Adriatic.

Marella were very helpful in rebooking the cancelled cruise to this new summer cruise.

A positive.

The cruises around and from Jamaica are going ahead but only after the 17th January 2022.

Not sure how long this will be the case though.

How confident are people the Barbados cruise will be going ahead, Marella trying to put us on that as an alternative. 

53 minutes ago, Chickenbalti said:

My Caribbean cruise for this Christmas & New Year has been cancelled. I’m not happy it was cancelled two days after I’d paid the full amount.

Wow that’s unreal. Did they really not have an idea that they were cancelling when the took your payment??

On 10/5/2021 at 1:34 PM, MAC_1867 said:

The cruises around and from Jamaica are going ahead but only after the 17th January 2022.

Not sure how long this will be the case though.

How confident are people the Barbados cruise will be going ahead, Marella trying to put us on that as an alternative. 

With the Covid situation, no one can be totally confident that any international cruises will definitely take place. If it is of any help, P&O are still currently intending to operate their winter fly-cruise operation ex Barbados too.

We are looking at the same 3 weeks now just shifted back -

Pride of Panama

Flavours of the Caribbean 

Exotic Explorer 

25th Jan - 18th Feb

Waiting to see if the Marella Explorer 2 gets sent over to Jamaica in November as im fairly sure it will hang on that whether this goes ahead.

Well just to add to this, i've received a call today saying we need to make a decision today as the incentive to re-book expires tonight, we've had no indication or information of a time limit and we wont know if my partner can get time off until she has a meeting with her managers on Friday, Marella don't seem to care.

If we re-book without the incentive, the holiday goes up by around £500 funnily enough.

I've had 3 phone calls today all from different people at Marella. 

1 told me they cant extend the 20% incentive, another said they will til Friday the last one i just couldnt be bothered with as it had taken most of the afternoon up already.

What an absolute mess this has become.

• 3 weeks later...