B2B TAR Days procedures

audobon_tx

We have done many B2Bs on Azamara, sometimes having to change staterooms on TAR day.  It was always painless pre-Covid, with a meeting a day or so before to brief people and hand out new room cards if needed, etc.

Have any of you done a B2B since restart and if so how did it go?

I've got a (cancellable) tour scheduled for arrival/departure day in Trieste, and I was hoping to grab a cab in Civitavecchia, and make the long 10km trip to Termi Ficocella to enjoy the hot springs before returning to the ship. If we can't get off the ship, I'll have to content myself with the steam room on board. We shall see. Much as I'm annoyed about the 2 day stay in Livorno and not being able to run off to Siena, after the tumult of the prior two cruises, a pseudo-sea day just might be in order.

• Like 1

The wife and I are doing the Back to back starting with the Oct 19 cruise then the Oct 28th cruise and our travel agent was ale to get us the same cabin for both cruises. I understand that the day before we get to the port serving Civitavecchia someone from the senior staff will explain the procedures for all of the guest who are doing this B2B cruise. I'm not going to speculate and worry about how these procedures will work. We will just do whatever they want us to do.

Tyler

• Like 5

On 10/1/2021 at 4:40 AM, flyingshoes said:

We have done many B2Bs on Azamara, sometimes having to change staterooms on TAR day.  

I think I understand that TAR day is the day one itinerary ends and the second of a B2B begins.  But What does TAR mean?

28 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

The wife and I are doing the Back to back starting with the Oct 19 cruise then the Oct 28th cruise and our travel agent was ale to get us the same cabin for both cruises. I understand that the day before we get to the port serving Civitavecchia someone from the senior staff will explain the procedures for all of the guest who are doing this B2B cruise. I'm not going to speculate and worry about how these procedures will work. We will just do whatever they want us to do.

Tyler

Absolutely the right approach.

We have often had to change rooms and it is a procedure that Azamara have very well established.  I suspect they may need you to do more of the process yourselves though (they used to lift everything out of the wardrobe for example) due to not wishing staff handling things.  IF they are able to do more, all they ask is you move the contents of the safe and pack up loose items into your cases.  You can access the safe in the other room once those guests have left and some basic cleaning is done.  They will move your cases and hanging items once all the deep cleaning is done.  In previous times we were able to move the safe contents either just before or just after we went to do the "disembarkation and re-embarkation procedures" around 0930.  

They will advise you everything at the B2B meeting as Tyler says and out of courtesy we always do whatever it is they ask of us as the "legal processes" in each port can vary and can at times be very stressful for the Documentation Officer so we never want to add to their stress 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

Tyler

Not worried.  Have probably done it a dozen times pre Covid.  Much easier than on other cruise lines.  

Sounds like no one on CC has done one since restart.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Not worried.  Have probably done it a dozen times pre Covid.  Much easier than on other cruise lines.  

Sounds like no one on CC has done one since restart.

I suspect the reason is that at restart b2b were not originally permitted (or we would have made our September trip one)  That rule got relaxed but by then it was too late for flight changes

• Like 1

Our TA said that we might not have to move once we were on board as the first few cruises had such low occupancy - cabins were being held clean for the next cruise. Our first two we have been able to get the next door cabin but have to drop down one floor for the last leg - I am certain that we won't be able to keep our middle cruise cabin. 

It will be the first time to make a room change as we have always been lucky to get the same cabin but who cares... We are on holiday! On a cruise!!!

I have always fancied the thermal springs baths at Termi Fiocella - Civitavecchia is okay as a TAR day but nothing much there - the market used to be quite good but nowhere near Livorno standards.

We have a restaurant booked for lunch in Trieste - so perhaps we could just all pretend to be new passengers... But don't want to be sent to the naughty corner and then home! So, we'll have to be good.