Positive Covid test prior to Boarding

shofer

Just now, ace2542 said:

But if two person infected with different variants ended up on the same cruise and those variants merged in a new infected person that person becomes patient zero. And if that new variant can evade vaccine and some previous immunity perhaps and even detection there could be a new global pandemic which the industry would not survive.

You should start writing TV/movie scripts. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You should start writing TV/movie scripts. 

The Delta variant has spread through america despite the fact the borders have been closed to most of the world. How fast would a new one that did infect on a cruise ship spread around the world if it infected several nationalities who then returned home?

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

But if two person infected with different variants ended up on the same cruise and those variants merged in a new infected person that person becomes patient zero.

That is not how it works. Variants arise from mutations (no virus sex).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The Delta variant has spread through america despite the fact the borders have been closed to most of the world. ...

Hahahaha. Come to texas. The border to mexico is wide open. You are so wrong about your confused assumptions. Posts like this show you know so little about the usa. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

That is not how it works. Variants arise from mutations (no virus sex).

What if a mutation started off on a cruise ship? How bad could that spread get? And without masks or testing it would impossible to control the spread of it.

Edited by ace2542

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I woke up this morning happy because I am going on a cruise tomorrow.  Now, after reading just two threads, I am irritated to have to block someone already today ☹️

Yes and you know what you have to do in order to cruise tomorrow? (test etc) I take it you are willing to do it? If you are not willing to meet the requirements then you will not be allowed onboard or to remain onboard. That is how it is now and how it will be. Enjoy

On 10/9/2021 at 4:56 AM, ace2542 said:

But if two person infected with different variants ended up on the same cruise and those variants merged in a new infected person that person becomes patient zero. And if that new variant can evade vaccine and some previous immunity perhaps and even detection there could be a new global pandemic which the industry would not survive. So testing and mask wearing will be here forever and a day.

Staying in a hotel, without any protocols, is probably more dangerous.  Life is risky, so you have to learn how to properly balance those risks. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, ace2542 said:

Not really. The other lines haven't followed NCL for no mask wearing have they?

You really cant compare NCLs mask policy with other carriers. NCL is the only carrier that is requiring 100% vaccination, thus the standout masking policy.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:12 PM, ace2542 said:

Mask wearing will be around forever as it prevents spread of Cold, Flu and Covid

Mask wearing will be around for as long as people refuse to be vaccine   I suppose you think  masks prevent polio hear attacks too.  

On 10/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, ace2542 said:

Yes and you know what you have to do in order to cruise tomorrow? (test etc) I take it you are willing to do it? If you are not willing to meet the requirements then you will not be allowed onboard or to remain onboard. That is how it is now and how it will be. Enjoy

And the requirements were pretty damn easy to meet and follow once you understand the rules. If people think they are too much, they need to stop cruising for the foreseeable future. I will enjoy the reduced crowds for as long as possible (booking again as soon as possible). ALL OF THIS will stop eventually, but personally, I woudn't mind the testing and protocols a bit longer as the experience is exceptional in terms of service, quality, and crowds!

Just got off the Oasis of the Seas. Best cruise we've EVER had, hands down. Sure, testing was a bit stressful but I trusted science, my vaccinations, and my family doing the right things (hand washing, masking, vaccinations, social distancing when possible) and everything worked out great as it is doing for the EXTREME vast majority of cruisers who are sailing now. It also worked for the other 2400ish people on our ship and all the other ships we saw. 

Edited by JMKreno
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, binro01 said:

You really cant compare NCLs mask policy with other carriers. NCL is the only carrier that is requiring 100% vaccination, thus the standout masking policy.

That is not correct Cunard also requires this and yet also insist and will insist upon forever mask wearing.