Side-by-Side PoM to Port Everglades

Algebralovr

Has anyone taken a Side-by-Side lately from Summit (based at Port of Miami) to any of the ships based in Port Everglades recently?  I know that in past years, they have sometimes offered a shuttle.  We know they will cover the Covid test on Summit, but then we also need to get from POM to Reflection which will be at PE.  

I can't link the two cruises in their system since they are booked with separate travel partners  (well, one is with a TA, and one directly with Celebrity on a different rate code.)

I'm trying to determine the best transport method from POM to PE.

Edited by Algebralovr

1 hour ago, Algebralovr said:

Has anyone taken a Side-by-Side lately from Summit (based at Port of Miami) to any of the ships based in Port Everglades recently?  I know that in past years, they have sometimes offered a shuttle.  We know they will cover the Covid test on Summit, but then we also need to get from POM to Reflection which will be at PE.  

I can't link the two cruises in their system since they are booked with separate travel partners  (well, one is with a TA, and one directly with Celebrity on a different rate code.)

Hi Barb,

We do this transfer all the time.  For the most part, we rent a car in one location, and do a "oneway" rental to the other port (airport usually).  Gives you the freedom to take it slow, do laundry, eat lunch at a fun restaurant, see the area, secure your luggage, and arrive at a time that will match your boarding window.  About the same cost as a oneway limo service.  If you get off the ship at 9:00 or 9:30 and shuttle to the next port, you will have to sit around for several hours waiting to board.

Some rental car companies have a shuttle from the ship to the airport rental car facility (and vise versa), or you can take a taxi at an added cost.  Check Dollar -- I think they have a shuttle in Miami?

Enjoy!

Kel

In Sept we had the Summit booked out of POM followed by the Equinox in PEV and had made arrangements with SAS Transportation for $15 per person.  Since we had a day in between sailings they were going to take us directly to our hotel in FLL but they also go directly to the port.  We had used them years ago and it went very well.  Unfortunately the Summit was cancelled so we didn't use them this time.  

Thanks everyone.

I've emailed SAS to see if they will do a Port Everglades drop off.   We know they go to FLL and to the FLL hotels, not sure about PE.  If not, we'll likely request a late disembarkation from SM and then Uber to PE.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

We have a similar situation, going from Symphony at Port of Miami to Reflection at Port Everglades in December. There are six of us, so we are looking for a car/shuttle service recommendation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, djh said:

We have a similar situation, going from Symphony at Port of Miami to Reflection at Port Everglades in December. There are six of us, so we are looking for a car/shuttle service recommendation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

@djh  Which RF sailing will you be on?  We are on Dec 26.  

8 hours ago, djh said:

We are just the opposite, getting off Reflection on December 11th and boarding Symphony the same day.