What I learned.

Tomorrow we are cruising and I couldn’t be more ecstatic. Two years ago this month we sailed on the Anthem, then we were the next to last cruise on her in March of 2020. I remember the March sailing very vividly, coming home to Bayonne the seas were very rough, waves unbelievable. I said to my husband I felt like the whole trip back was an omen for things to come. I don’t watch the news so I didn’t know of the impending pandemic that would change everything as we knew it. I often referred to the sailing out of Bayonne to Florida, Nassau and Coco cay as the bus trip. During the absence of our favorite pastime of cruising I realized I took it all for granted, never again. To be on a cruise ship, even if going nowhere is truly a blessing. So many will not be experiencing this again for all that has happened. For all that are back to enjoying being on our favorite ships, sailing, enjoying life, embrace it all. You just never know. Be safe, inhale the salt air. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Islandtime17 said:

Tomorrow we are cruising and I couldn’t be more ecstatic. Two years ago this month we sailed on the Anthem, then we were the next to last cruise on her in March of 2020. I remember the March sailing very vividly, coming home to Bayonne the seas were very rough, waves unbelievable. I said to my husband I felt like the whole trip back was an omen for things to come. I don’t watch the news so I didn’t know of the impending pandemic that would change everything as we knew it. I often referred to the sailing out of Bayonne to Florida, Nassau and Coco cay as the bus trip. During the absence of our favorite pastime of cruising I realized I took it all for granted, never again. To be on a cruise ship, even if going nowhere is truly a blessing. So many will not be experiencing this again for all that has happened. For all that are back to enjoying being on our favorite ships, sailing, enjoying life, embrace it all. You just never know. Be safe, inhale the salt air. 

Thanks for the thoughtful post.  Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islandtime17 said:

Done 12-13nite Boston-Florida Repo Cruise 8 out of 10yrs over Halloween, last one in 2019. Most years on Radiance Class you do feel Waves, at least half time they had the Barf Bags out. Lasts a Day at most