June 12, 2022 Alaska Cruise

sabrefan

Recently received an email from Viking regarding a itinerary change to this cruise. When I called Viking rep they can’t tell me what the change is. The email said that there will be no changes in the ports that the cruise was scheduled to visit. I also checked my calendar in my trip account on Viking and the itinerary shows no changes from the original. Just wondering if anyone knows more here, very strange since the email did not say what the change will be. The email stated to call Viking or contact your travel agent.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, sabrefan said:

Recently received an email from Viking regarding a itinerary change to this cruise. When I called Viking rep they can’t tell me what the change is. The email said that there will be no changes in the ports that the cruise was scheduled to visit. I also checked my calendar in my trip account on Viking and the itinerary shows no changes from the original. Just wondering if anyone knows more here, very strange since the email did not say what the change will be. The email stated to call Viking or contact your travel agent.

If you received an email advising of an itinerary change, but the ports of call haven't changed, I suspect either the order of the ports changed and/or at least 1 arrival/departure time has changed.

• Like 1

Read article this morning about Denali NP and major road closure in the park, at about the halfway mark at least thru next summer, due to a glacier melting under rock at a much faster rate than expected.  Could impact park visits.

1 hour ago, dwlmg said:

They swapped port call dates for Juneau and Skagway. We are on the 12 Jul cruise and they swapped those dates as well. It is no big deal. 

But note that changes to an itinerary are not necessarily the same across all sailings. For example, there are two sailings of Hawaiian Island Sojourn in December. One sailing has had the order of ports changed and the other has had Kona substituted for Maui.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

But note that changes to an itinerary are not necessarily the same across all sailings. For example, there are two sailings of Hawaiian Island Sojourn in December. One sailing has had the order of ports changed and the other has had Kona substituted for Maui.

Immediately after I got the email about the port swap, I checked the Itinerary tab for the 2022 Alaska Cruise and then the Itinerary link for the specific cruise in the on the date specific listing on the Dates and Pricing tab. The itinerary link is near the icon of the ship. The listings were different. There is also a difference for our Viking Homelands Cruise sailing Sep 10, 2022. We are going to Flam instead of Eidfjord. The itinerary link on the Date and Pricing tab says Flan. The Itinerary tab says Eidfjord. Two data points that suggest the itinerary for the specific date on the Dates and Prices tab may be more correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwlmg said:

he itinerary link is near the icon of the ship. The listings were different. There is also a difference for our Viking Homelands Cruise sailing Sep 10, 2022. We are going to Flam instead of Eidfjord.

When we were on the VH in 2018, we were told that  only two ships may dock at Eidfjord at a time, which may be the reason for the Flam change... both are beautiful