Let’s get you upgraded disappeared

kenzie

We are on the 25 Oct getaway sailing - we have bid for upgrades to Haven and each time I log on I see the banner re upgrade - I can usually click on it and review or increase my bids, strangely just now the banner has disappeared but my cabin hasn’t changed, neither has my credit card been charged, why would the banner disappear and I cannot review the bids? 
also I just noticed it says I owe them $189 - says pay by 8 September but I don’t know why as I paid all the fair when booking on 7 September. 

14 minutes ago, JasonInPlano said:

Our upgrade offers were accepted 1-2 weeks early on our cruise last week.  They probably have already processed all upgrades and rejected the non winning bids.

We have another cabin and had an upgrade Thursday last week on the 1 

I noticed when they started filling the bids, they went from the Haven down.  It took them a couple days to work through all the bids, but you could tell because the expensive rooms were going to sold out and other classes like the Spa rooms were opening up that were previously sold out.

They may lock bidding once bid processing starts?  I would say to message NCL in chat, but they don't really seem to be able to answer much about the cruise bidding. You will probably get a different answer from each agent you chat with.  This last cruise was the first time I had a bid accepted.  They send an email when you place the bid. The email will have a link to each bid you made.   A status will appear when you click on the email bid link from the confirmation.  If it says not accepted then bidding is closed.  If it gives an option to change or cancel the bid, then you may change your bid.  Usually when the banner disappears, they are no longer accepting bids.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, JasonInPlano said:

I noticed when they started filling the bids, they went from the Haven down.  It took them a couple days to work through all the bids, but you could tell because the expensive rooms were going to sold out and other classes like the Spa rooms were opening up that were previously sold out.

That would make sense due to the domino effect.  They're filling the Haven categories first, then working their way down to the lower categories.

4 minutes ago, brad0576 said:

I just got the upgrade email this week for my Dec 12 cruise on the Bliss - minimum bid to upgrade to the Haven was 2K per person

And I got an upgrade offer on the Bliss from Haven to Haven.  The minimum upgrade is almost as much as what I could just rebook for anyhow.  Not exactly a good option.  I think I'll pass.   

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 5:35 PM, JasonInPlano said:

Our upgrade offers were accepted 1-2 weeks early on our cruise last week.  They probably have already processed all upgrades and rejected the non winning bids.

Congrats on winning your bid.  I put in a bid for my December cruise, Haven category.  I was just told by a NCL rep that the increase in insurance will be based on the advertised cruise rate and not the bid amount.  In my case this would mean the insurance increase would be more than my bid.  So, did you have NCL insurance and if so, how much was your increase?

Looking at other discussions, it seems Kenzie did indeed get an upgrade. Has anyone else seen the let's get you upgraded banner disappear and subsequently win an upgrade? It still could be a coincidence but my both my brother and I each had the message disappear (perhaps also coincidently following purchases that put us over a spending threshold) and I would love to interpret that as a positive sign for our upgrade bids. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 9:00 AM, Oceanwench said:

How soon do the upgrade offers come?
Final payment on my December cruise was yesterday.

In the past, I never bid because I was traveling with family.

This time it's just two of us, and I am tempted to try my luck.

Other posters have stated Bid Offers come around 55 days prior to cruise, bids accepted dates vary.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Reese15233 said:

Looking at other discussions, it seems Kenzie did indeed get an upgrade. Has anyone else seen the let's get you upgraded banner disappear and subsequently win an upgrade? It still could be a coincidence but my both my brother and I each had the message disappear (perhaps also coincidently following purchases that put us over a spending threshold) and I would love to interpret that as a positive sign for our upgrade bids. 

If you see the Upgrade banner disappear from your account, check the credit card you used!

If your bid was accepted, your bid $ amount will show as bending, almost immediately!

• 3 weeks later...

To update, my brother and I did receive upgrades a week after the banners disappeared (two weeks before cruise) and outstanding charges appeared on our summary pages. It's likely the programing issue that triggered the banner to disappear has been fixed, but it does seem that reaching a certain spending amount triggered something for the bidding process. I wouldn't take that as a definitive decision but perhaps it moves a bidder to a first consideration list. There was lot's of speculation about this on the pre-covid bid discussions. Our experience would seem to validate such a notion.

It also seems that with the ships running so below capacity Norwegian is upgrading as many people as possible. there have been so many excited first time Haveners posting. They clearly want happy cruisers to return and maybe decide spending more is worth it in the future. They are still losing money now but every cruise is an effort build business. They want to reward loyal customers and win over any newbies or converts.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, Reese15233 said:

I was upgraded 2 days before sailing. Don't count out late changes and cancellations resulting you being upgraded. 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:41 AM, Reese15233 said:

To update, my brother and I did receive upgrades a week after the banners disappeared (two weeks before cruise) and outstanding charges appeared on our summary pages. It's likely the programing issue that triggered the banner to disappear has been fixed, but it does seem that reaching a certain spending amount triggered something for the bidding process. I wouldn't take that as a definitive decision but perhaps it moves a bidder to a first consideration list. There was lot's of speculation about this on the pre-covid bid discussions. Our experience would seem to validate such a notion.

It also seems that with the ships running so below capacity Norwegian is upgrading as many people as possible. there have been so many excited first time Haveners posting. They clearly want happy cruisers to return and maybe decide spending more is worth it in the future. They are still losing money now but every cruise is an effort build business. They want to reward loyal customers and win over any newbies or converts.

I just had it disappear for me for my December sailing, but no charges to my card yet or any other changes.  Here's hoping!