shuttle from MIA to Fort Lauderdale hotel

susiesan

I can't seem to find a shared shuttle service from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale hotels. There will be 2 people arriving at MIA on Nov.28 at 6:30pm and we need transport to Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Private car services are over $100. Can anyone suggest a shuttle that goes from MIA over to Fort Lauderdale? Or should we just take a cab or uber if that is cheaper?

That's not a popular trip and I am  not aware of any shared shuttles making it since SuperShuttle closed down. 

Taxi will be about $75-80+ tip, UberX or standard Lyft should be cheaper unless surge pricing is in effect. 

You could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL (call your hotel and ask about the closest train stop) for under $5 each and then cab/Uber to your hotel.

I am thinking about staying near MIA on arrival night and then taking a cab or uber straight to Port Everglades to board the ship next day. Then I don't have to pay another cab ride cost from the Fort Lauderdale hotel to the ship.

I made another cancelable hotel reservation near MIA and will decide which hotel to keep when it gets closer to the trip. I reserved Best Western Plus Miami North Airport. They have a shuttle from MIA to the hotel.

5 hours ago, susiesan said:

I can't seem to find a shared shuttle service from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale hotels. There will be 2 people arriving at MIA on Nov.28 at 6:30pm and we need transport to Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Private car services are over $100. Can anyone suggest a shuttle that goes from MIA over to Fort Lauderdale? Or should we just take a cab or uber if that is cheaper?

I book with Howard's Ground Transfer. We are arriving in the morning on Sunday and Howard's is givings us a 3 -4 hour tour of Miami before taking us to our hotel at Hollywood, FL (Hampton Inn and Suites on Sterling)He is also taking us to the port for 11:30 check in. And the back to MIA upon our return. What time is your flight home? Maybe we can share?

Howard's Ground Transfer

ride099@comcast.net

Or 954 649 0099

Brenda

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I would have to pay $70 more each for a nonrefundable ticket. The tix I have into MIA with SW are $100 each and completely refundable. 

I understand you have to pay more if you fly into Fort Lauderdale but flying into Miami will leave you with a cost for transportation to get to Fort Lauderdale. It might work out to be about the same amount by the time you pay for transportation from the Miami airport to the Fort Lauderdale pier 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I understand you have to pay more if you fly into Fort Lauderdale but flying into Miami will leave you with a cost for transportation to get to Fort Lauderdale. It might work out to be about the same amount by the time you pay for transportation from the Miami airport to the Fort Lauderdale pier 

The cost to get from the Miami hotel to port Everglades is $75-100. If I fly into FLL I have the cost from the hotel to PE of $15 the day of the cruise. The extra cost of the plane tickets is $160. That's $175 more to fly into FLL direct.

I do have a hotel booked in FLL that can be cancelled as well as the hotel in Miami. I will monitor airfares on SW to FLL and I may change closer to the flight date.

2 minutes ago, susiesan said:

The cost to get from the Miami hotel to port Everglades is $75-100. If I fly into FLL I have the cost from the hotel to PE of $15 the day of the cruise. The extra cost of the plane tickets is $160. That's $175 more to fly into FLL direct.

I do have a hotel booked in FLL that can be cancelled as well as the hotel in Miami. I will monitor airfares on SW to FLL and I may change closer to the flight date.

I saved $400 on my fist class ticket (needed for size) and $100 on Virginia's by flying into MIA over FLL. So with the additional transfer cost, it is still a savings. Plus a direct flight from Omaha.

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

You also have to add in the cost after the cruise to get from Port Everglades back to the Miami airport which will be another $75-$100. 

22 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

You also have to add in the cost after the cruise to get from Port Everglades back to the Miami airport which will be another $75-$100. 

Actually after the cruise we fly home from FLL and that transfer from port to airport is very inexpensive and can be shared with others going there. Our flight is not until 11:45.