WalMart (Canada) - Covid-19 'Rapid Antigen Testing'!

GeriatricNurse

25 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

WalMart, (Canada), in the Provinces of Alberta and Ontario, are doing the Covid-19 'Rapid Antigen Tests' with appointments!

The cost is (only) $19.97, with no tax!

In case you aren’t aware there is a Canadian Cruisers section on CC now where testing options and availability is widely discussed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cg52 said:

Thank you. My understanding is that we need a PCR test in Canada. Am I mistaken?

You need a negative PCR test when returning to Canada. For domestic flights, flights to the US and boarding cruises, an antigen test will suffice. Some countries may require a PCR test for entry, but I don't have a current list handy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You need a negative PCR test when returning to Canada. For domestic flights, flights to the US and boarding cruises, an antigen test will suffice. Some countries may require a PCR test for entry, but I don't have a current list handy.

Thank you. We are flying to Switzerland in April. Navigating the requirements is difficult. Thank goodness for those of you on this site that understand all of this. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Thank you. We are flying to Switzerland in April. Navigating the requirements is difficult. Thank goodness for those of you on this site that understand all of this. 

Barely keeping our heads above water with the constant changes!

If you haven't already found this website, I think you'll find it very handy for Switzerland. Bookmark it and check regularly for changes!

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

12 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Barely keeping our heads above water with the constant changes!

If you haven't already found this website, I think you'll find it very handy for Switzerland. Bookmark it and check regularly for changes!

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Thank you.

6 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

A 'Rapid Antigen Test' is (another) Covid-19 Test, in addition to the 'PCR' Test and it is fully acceptable, (at much less cost), than the 'PCR' Test!

Be careful about what you are saying. The antigen test is NOT the same as a PCR test, and would NOT be acceptable for cruises or entries to countries that specify a PCR requirement. The antigen test IS acceptable for entry into the US, and for most cruises  out of US ports.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mom says said:

Be careful about what you are saying. The antigen test is NOT the same as a PCR test, and would NOT be acceptable for cruises or entries to countries that specify a PCR requirement. The antigen test IS acceptable for entry into the US, and for most cruises  out of US ports.

Yes, I KNOW that the 'Rapid Antigen Test' is NOT the SAME as a 'PCR' Test!

I DID know the 'Rapid Antigen Test' IS acceptable for entry into the US, and for most cruises out of US Ports!

However, going FORWARD, I WILL be careful about WHAT I am saying!   Thank you VERY much for the 'tip'!😉

• Haha 1