Royal Binax Test Kits - Travelling on a plane

Magicbar

4 hours ago, Magicbar said:

Thinking about ordering these for our Nov. 15 Odyssey Cruise. I assume that if I bring these on the flight down to Fort Lauderdale, that I will need to keep them in my carry on. Anyone have any issues doing so?

Don’t they need to be kept refrigerated?

On 10/25/2021 at 1:06 AM, IRMO12HD said:

No; room temperature is fine! The temperature range is 35 - 86 degrees Farenheit.

Oh jeez! I ordered mine in September to use in December and they have been sitting in my fridge since then. Hope I didn't mess them up! 😬

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Oh jeez! I ordered mine in September to use in December and they have been sitting in my fridge since then. Hope I didn't mess them up! 😬

Well, if your fridge is at 35 degrees, then you have frozen fruits and veggies.  I'd take the tests out, and if you're worried, use one of them without the phone call to make sure it's still good.

My son did the opposite:  he stored the ones I gave him in his garage over a hot weekend, but they were fine for use.  THAT was a phone-drop and RUN conversation when I told him!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jenna said:

You should be ok; most refrigerators are set at 35 - 37 degrees anyway.  Water doesn't freeze until 32 degrees, and I'm sure the liquid in the little vials isn't just water.  You might want to just store them at room temperature now, though :-)