Voom Surf & Stream 1 device per person vs. 2 devices for one person

8 hours ago, ianj said:

From what I've read here and on RCCL blog, the answer is no. 

If you buy 4 device access in one persons name you can access the internet on any of the devices but only ONE at a time. 

If you buy 1 device in each of 4 peoples names, all 4 people can be online at the same time. 

Of course the second option is about 50% more expensive.

Not sure if you don't understand what you're saying, or if you have bad info, or what.  But the bottom line is you are astoundingly wrong.

I have purchased a 4-device package in my name and shared it with three other people all in different rooms on unlinked reservations.  

Four different devices can be logged on at the same time if you purchased a 4-device package. All four devices will use the same user name and password (PIN).  If a fifth device tries to log in, it will get a message that all available log-ins are in use and ask if you want to bump off one of the other devices in order to log in the new device.

8 hours ago, ianj said:

If you buy 4 device access in one persons name you can access the internet on any of the devices but only ONE at a time. 

If you buy 1 device in each of 4 peoples names, all 4 people can be online at the same time. 

You are totally incorrect.  For years I have bought a two device package for me and my wife.  Different first names. 

We each have multiple devices, cell phones, computers, tablets that we would use during a cruise.   We each made sure that we each only had one device accessing the network at any one time.  For example.  I would switch between my laptop and tablet through out the day thus my one connection.  My wife would do something similar for  her devices.

A couple of years back I bought a three device package so one of my in-laws kid could do some school work with the understanding that they would only have one device attached at any one time.  Different cabins, totally different names.  No issues.  Cheaper for them, they just paid the price difference between the 2 vs 3 device packages by picking up a few drinks tabs during the cruise.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:17 PM, ReneeFLL said:

We did this on the Odyssey recently from my phone to my iPad and it worked fine.

What phone?

A FEW phones have the ability to hotspot a wifi connection.

'

Or, you will be getting a nasty bill from Cellular at Sea.

21 hours ago, ianj said:

Nope.

MANY people have bought a multi (or single) device package and shared it with others.

So have even shared it with people they met here on CC.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Birdcage said:

On HAL have it all package guest 1 and guest 2 have free wifi. Does each guest have to log on with a different email address so that they both can be connected at the same time?

Are you asking about on HAL or on Royal?

On Royal, each person logs in with their own information if they have free wifi included with their suite.  

On HAL, you'd want to ask over on the HAL forum.

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, carol118 said:

So if I'm going on cruise with my family of 4, and I purchase 1 internet package for 4 devices, will all 4 of us be able to use the wifi at the same time? or what would happen if I just buy one device for all 4 of us to share?

One device to share can be used on any number of devices, one at a time.  So, if you are logged on and someone sharing with you then also logs on, you are disconnected in favor of the newly logged in device.

One package for 4 devices allows up to 4 to be logged in at the same time.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

@carol118 You purchased the ability for all 4 devices to be used at the same time but because it is one package all devices will use the same sign on and password.

If a 5th device logs on then one of the prior four is bumped off.

So the answer is Yes. 4 devices at the same time (same sign on and password for ALL four devices).