CRUISELINE shore excursions only permitted?

CoolChange37

14 hours ago, MCazer said:

I called Crown & Anchor the other day for my August cruise from Italy, Greece and Turkey, and after a very long wait, I was told that if everyone was vaccinated, that Royal did not have any limitations on going off on your own.  They did say that if there were unvaccinated children, then they would need to book a Royal sanctioned excursion.  Of course, everything can change.

It´s the country not RCI making the rules. And even RCI had to do bubble shore tours in Italy last summer. Greece and Spain did allow individual shore tours by a certain time. Turkey is another problem. There were no port calls in Turkey by RCI last summer (and NCL had Turkey just as a technical stop).

steamboats

23 hours ago, steamboats said:

It´s the country not RCI making the rules. And even RCI had to do bubble shore tours in Italy last summer. Greece and Spain did allow individual shore tours by a certain time. Turkey is another problem. There were no port calls in Turkey by RCI last summer (and NCL had Turkey just as a technical stop).

steamboats

Correct, so we just have to patient and wait and see what happens with the revised regulations at the end of March

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, Mrs Miggins said:

This sounds great but could you reveal our source.  We are cruising in April ending in Venice.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:56 PM, euro cruiser said:

I'm guessing that the hands in prayer emoji indicates that this is a hope, not a fact.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Mrs Miggins said:

Oh dear, I hadn't realised that it was just an expression of hope.  Not sure of the point of posting as we all 'hope' that things will change soon.

I've got friends who live in Italy and they explained me that all the laws ("decreti" as they call them) enforcing restrictions because of Covid are part of the so called "stato di emergenza" since march 2020 (state of emergency). The restrictions regarding cruise ships in Italian ports are also part of these special laws.

The state of emergency is in force until March 31st and in a recent interview the vice minister of health said that very likely it won't be extended. This means most of the restrictions will be lifted.

They also sent me this link to a newspaper article

https://www.iltempo.it/attualita/2022/01/31/news/addio-allo-stato-di-emergenza-pierpaolo-sileri-non-sara-prorogato-cosa-cambia-per-green-pass-e-vaccino-30312033/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, samavarcruiser said:

I've got friends who live in Italy and they explained me that all the laws ("decreti" as they call them) enforcing restrictions because of Covid are part of the so called "stato di emergenza" since march 2020 (state of emergency). The restrictions regarding cruise ships in Italian ports are also part of these special laws.

The state of emergency is in force until March 31st and in a recent interview the vice minister of health said that very likely it won't be extended. This means most of the restrictions will be lifted.

They also sent me this link to a newspaper article

https://www.iltempo.it/attualita/2022/01/31/news/addio-allo-stato-di-emergenza-pierpaolo-sileri-non-sara-prorogato-cosa-cambia-per-green-pass-e-vaccino-30312033/

Thank you for your message,

we will await the March 31st update

Thank you for the update.  We are keeping everything crossed as one of the many pleasures of cruising around Italy is the wonderful opportunity to get off the ship and get on local buses and trains.  I really dislike being in a group and following the flag, especially since we have been lucky enough to visit Italy on many occasions.  For example the fantastic bus service from Livorno to Castiglioncello.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

Thank you for the update.  We are keeping everything crossed as one of the many pleasures of cruising around Italy is the wonderful opportunity to get off the ship and get on local buses and trains.  I really dislike being in a group and following the flag, especially since we have been lucky enough to visit Italy on many occasions.  For example the fantastic bus service from Livorno to Castiglioncello.

Could you give mea little more info on that bus service. Like yourself we have always used public transport in Italy but never at Livorno. Many thanks

Cruising with MSC March 6th from Genoa and am wondering about checking in on day two (La Spezia) to do more exploring before we board and aren’t likely to be able to tour Naples/Amalfi. Thoughts?

Edited by chadel
Misspelling.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:42 PM, GOTTODOIT said:

Thank you for your message,

we will await the March 31st update

We depart on April 7 for a cruise that starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice. Waiting for an update after March 31 makes it hard for me to make plans. We have ship's excursions in place, so I too will await the update, and then see if changes to our plans are possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  I was wondering if anyone has heard of any news releases out of Italy re allowing us to do our own trips. 

I am going to send a message to one of the tour operators that I have booked a day tour with and see if they have any updates.

Will come back and post any info received.

• Like 2