Cozumel Changes

17 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

We were in Cozumel once with 8 ships in port. It was totally insane. 4 ships at the downtown pier. It was during spring break so you can imagine what Carlos and Charlie’s was like!

On our last cruise on Allure, we were there with I *think* 11 ships.  All the piers were taken and NCL Epic drew the short straw and had to tender their passengers.  It was a zoo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

On our last cruise on Allure, we were there with I *think* 11 ships.  All the piers were taken and NCL Epic drew the short straw and had to tender their passengers.  It was a zoo.

Similar experience ... we were there when the piers had been damaged by Hurricane Wilma. I could see eight other ships besides us anchored off shore ... and Everyone had to use tenders. It was a mess. We stayed on board. 

Bumped from Cozumel twice. Sailing tomorrow on Serenade originally Costa Maya and Cozumel and switched to Nassau and CocoCay. Our b2b November 4th sailing was just switched to Costa Maya from Cozumel. I like Costa Maya and it appears we are the only ship in port so that change is ok. Cancelling all our Mexico ports on our cruise departing tomorrow was hard to digest though. 

Situation will only get worse. NCL and Carnival have not even restarted sailings from Tampa. Their ships are scheduled to go to Cozumel when they begin to restart next month.

Edited by coaster

On 10/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Roger88 said:

Its a good question. Even though I never tried myself, I doubt that it will be allowed. In my opinion its always better and safer to stay on board as in this case you won't get lost and you won't lose time searching for way to try it own... even though I heard that Cozumel is very good 

So you never leave the ship?

yes, anyone that is vaccinated can get off at Cozumel and walk around, catch a cab (or horse) and do whatever they like. 

of course, of the ship doesn’t go to Cozumel- then it’s a different story. 

On the Liberty now...visited Cozumel yesterday...all seems normal, except for most wearing mask. Carnival Glory was there as well. Carnival crew able to get off ship, Royal not allowing crew off the ship unless volunteering for a shore excursion. 

Stores and restaurants were open inside and outside the cruise terminal.. plenty of taxi's offering local tours.