Adult Beverage Pkg

exgman

I recently booked my first NCL cruise on the Bliss leaving San Pedro on 12/5. One of the promotions is the Adult Beverage Package. I’ve found what’s included in the Premium package, but I’m not sure what’s included in the ABP. NCL is offering a discounted upgrade to the Premium package and I’d like to know what the differences are. 

14 minutes ago, exgman said:

I recently booked my first NCL cruise on the Bliss leaving San Pedro on 12/5. One of the promotions is the Adult Beverage Package. I’ve found what’s included in the Premium package, but I’m not sure what’s included in the ABP. NCL is offering a discounted upgrade to the Premium package and I’d like to know what the differences are. 

I'm going to guess the upgrade you are being offered is the Premium Plus package. The Premium package is what is included when you get the Adult Beverage Package promo.

New to cruising with NCL, I have the promo of the Adult Beverage Package as well.  It is offering the upgrade to premium plus.

The Plus would be worth it if we will be wanting juices/specialty coffee/energy drinks/bottledwater etc?  

Also to clarify, I will be purchasing a drink package for my daughter (16) the only option for her is the Adult/Teen soda package -- but this would not include the above listed drinks either?

We usually do the unlimited package with RCL (or what it used to be called) and we enjoyed the fresh juice and coffee, etc.  Also was nice being able to grab a cold bottle of water before departure and return.  Just trying to make sure I'm making selections that will best suite our style.

1 hour ago, exgman said:

Thanks for the link Cole. As usual, after I posted the question I found it. 😀

You’re right linswi, it looks like I they’re offering a pretty good discount 

I think it's high myself. 

Edited by tallnthensome

1 hour ago, Buckscuffle said:

New to cruising with NCL, I have the promo of the Adult Beverage Package as well.  It is offering the upgrade to premium plus.

The Plus would be worth it if we will be wanting juices/specialty coffee/energy drinks/bottledwater etc?  

Also to clarify, I will be purchasing a drink package for my daughter (16) the only option for her is the Adult/Teen soda package -- but this would not include the above listed drinks either?

We usually do the unlimited package with RCL (or what it used to be called) and we enjoyed the fresh juice and coffee, etc.  Also was nice being able to grab a cold bottle of water before departure and return.  Just trying to make sure I'm making selections that will best suite our style.

What you seek is the upgrade Premium Plus Package.

For an additional $34.80(USD) Per Person, Per Day  ...Most recent list of included items:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2.pdf

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I think it's high myself. 

From what I’ve read, the normal plus package is around $1000pp. Dropping to 243pp seems like a significant savings. Did I read the info wrong?

8 minutes ago, exgman said:

From what I’ve read, the normal plus package is around $1000pp. Dropping to 243pp seems like a significant savings. Did I read the info wrong?

If I understand correctly, the 243pp in an upgrade to the included drink package. The $1000 pp is the total price if you do not already have the Adult Beverage Package. So the plus package is the original package plus the $243pp. You do not just replace the original package, you add the $243pp to it - and of course additional gratuities.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

And nobody has ever actually purchased the NCL drink package outright without getting it in the promo so their (NCL) price out of pocket is somewhat misleading and a bit laughable. 

I agree. I normally sail Princess and only get the drink package if it’s a perk. After comparing the Plus to to the Adult package on NCL, the main differences I see are upgraded spirits and bottles of wine for dinner. 
When I made my original post, I wasn’t saying it was a great deal to upgrade, I just  thought it was a pretty good discount from the rack rate. After researching, it’s not worth it to me. 

1 hour ago, exgman said:

Take that $1000 number with a grain of salt.  Premium Plus is just under $35/day pp.  It includes specialty coffees, juices, bottled waters and, of course, better quality booze.  Whether it's worth it is hotly debated.  It will be for me, but if someone is happy with the basic package, who am I to argue?

Edited by phillygwm

3 hours ago, exgman said:

The Premium package that comes with the Free at Sea promotion pays for the first $15 of your drinks. That cover the vast majority of the drinks at the bars. There is no need to upgrade. It would take a lot of bottles of water to break even at $34 per day per person for the Plus package (let's say buying 70 bottles of water per person for a 7 day cruise). 

On 10/29/2021 at 11:11 AM, Buckscuffle said:

You shouldn't have to purchase the package for your daughter as the perk is good for all passengers in the cabin. It didn't show up for my son (14) on our reservation, but the terms and conditions clearly indicate that he should be receiving the soda package. It was eventually added on, but I'm wondering if my TA simply paid for it rather than dealing with NCL to correct it.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Premium Beverage Package (Open Bar)
Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Premium Beverage package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.
Guest 1-2 must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.
Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD retail price. Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

• Like 1